IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attention "Iceman" Fans...
8/11/11, 10:40 AM   #1
Attention "Iceman" Fans...
TeamCGR

Coleman and his Team have decided to head back to Indiana this weekend to compete at Gas City on Friday and Lincoln Park Speedway on Saturday.

2 reasons of which have nothing to do with USAC or the Series. However this trip to the Mid West has shown us that when you venture into Wing Territory, you'd better clean the backseat of the bus 'cause that is where you will be seated. Something that just amazes us since we have raced both and both should get equal billing but does not occur.

That mentality can greatly effect the safety and economics of our sport. I believe there were scenarios that occurred this week that have proven this theory correct for us. I will not speak for or pretend to know what other teams are thinking but this decision for our team seemed logical.

I hope all the Iceman Fans will join the Team this weekend in Indy. We wish the teams competing in Dodge City and Grain Valley a great run.

See you guys soon...

Pete G. and Team CGR
www.colemangulick.com
Join us on Facebook: Coleman Gulick Racing
God Bless our Troops and God Bless the USA
Last edited by TeamCGR; 8/11/11 at 10:48 AM.

8/11/11, 11:00 AM   #2
Robin Elson

Happy to hear you'll be running at Gas City. Coleman always seems to do well when I post updates. Hmmm ~ I'm thinking I might need a bribe. Did anyone mention how much I like mango margaritas?

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: TeamCGR
8/11/11, 11:10 AM   #3
Re: Attention "Iceman" Fans...
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

Great News can't wait to see the Iceman at Putnamville

8/11/11, 11:57 AM   #4
TeamCGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Elson View Post
Happy to hear you'll be running at Gas City. Coleman always seems to do well when I post updates. Hmmm ~ I'm thinking I might need a bribe. Did anyone mention how much I like mango margaritas?

Posted via Mobile Device
Robin, I thoroughly enjoyed a good belly laugh today... You and Jill can enjoy the Margaritas since she will be there too.. The updates are GREAT. You are the "WOMAN".. Jill is hunting for Margaritas on their way back to Indy... Thanks.

pg
www.colemangulick.com
Join us on Facebook: Coleman Gulick Racing
God Bless our Troops and God Bless the USA

1 member likes this post: Robin Elson
8/11/11, 12:08 PM   #5
Great Scott

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 63

Look forward to seeing Coleman race at Putnamville. Have safe travels back to Indiana.

8/11/11, 2:31 PM   #6
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

We hope to see the Iceman at both Gas City and LPS this weekend. Thanks for the heads up Pete.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

8/11/11, 3:21 PM   #7
i love dirt track racing

wow !!!!!!!!!! i love to see you back in your second home from home and i follow your race team. but the bad part is i have to work this weekend and will not make the shows this weekend. hope to catch your team soon before the racing season ends. dose your team have any burg visits in the schedule and would be intrerested in what team cgr schedule will be for the rest of indiana. i will travel to watch the ice man and team cgr. great luck the rest of the season.

8/11/11, 3:28 PM   #8
reeserx

I like this a lot...you guys are a top team, wish more would follow your lead..unfortunately there is no Sunday dates, so no corner visits lol..good luck to iceman and crew!!
Posted using Mobile Device

8/11/11, 4:08 PM   #9
ossuks

Glad to see a quality team coming to our local shows, way to go! Can't blame you for coming "home" after a 13 car phantom rain out and the track conditions at Oskkie! Good luck to a quality group of peps.

8/11/11, 4:26 PM   #10
Gene Franckowiak

The only problem with not supporting USAC is when they show up short on cars, you might not see the race happen again next year and races are hard to replace especially for the purse USAC pays. I'm not saying in the short term you didn't make the right call for your team, but looking at the big picture. it is going to be hard to get races for that purse with low car counts.......if enough people come home, maybe next year we all are racing for 1200 to win.

Before the bashers start.........yes I own a sprint car team and also provide the engines to a USAC team.........so I do know what it costs to race.
Last edited by Gene Franckowiak; 8/11/11 at 4:29 PM.

3 members like this post: ColoradoFan, mowerman, SPRINTCAR
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attention "Iceman" Fans...