IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Andrew Update #40
11/4/08, 5:31 PM   #1
Andrew Update #40
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Today was the day that the results from Andrew's latest MRI's were read by the tumor board, neurosurgeon, oncologist and several radiologists. They confirmed everything was clear and fine in the brain and the spine. They noted that the original tumor site was clear which is a huge relief. A time to celebrate big time right? HOWEVER! They noted a small enhancement on his right lung that hasn't been there before. They feel that it is a possibility that due to his consistant aspirations that he has developed something that they are unsure of at this time. They think it is a post infection nodular and they plan on doing a sedated procedure tomorrow if they can reach it. If not they will have to do a more invasive measure to reach it so they can do a biopsy. Better to be safe than sorry.

Just when we feel we are taking two steps forward....another step backwards. I sincerely hope that they can reach it without doing a more invasive measure. I don't even like the sound of that terminology. We continue to pray that this to will pass with nothing more than a slight delay in his recovery. Thanks for following along on Andrew's journey and I will post results as soon as they are available. Thoughts, prayers and encouragement are always welcome.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

11/4/08, 5:43 PM   #2
Re: Andrew Update #40
Gregg

"Thoughts, prayers and encouragement are always welcome."

Never stopped with the prayers for Andrew, Mike, and we will continue to do so. We hope everything turns out negative and that everthing remains clear for at least 90 more years.

Gregg and Mary.

11/4/08, 6:14 PM   #3
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Thanks for the update. Hope it turns out to be nothing.

Chuck, hang in there Andrew!

11/4/08, 8:39 PM   #4
Flatrightrear

Mike,
My prayers continue to be with you all.
Tom

11/4/08, 9:38 PM   #5
pletchfan

All of you continue to have our prayers. Please let us know as soon as you hear anything.

11/4/08, 10:56 PM   #6
IndyBound

My thoughts and prayers remain with Andrew and your family. I will keep my fingers crossed he doesn't need a more invasive measure.

God Bless,

Patti

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Andrew Update #40