:Steer:checkered::moon:
That's my brother
He wins again
He is the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/26/08, 12:21 AM   #42
Re: haubstadt Update
Millsvideo

Great race tonight at Haubstadt...

The only car that turned over all night, came back and won the C, charged from 17th to 2nd in the B, and finished 3rd in the feature from row 8. Hunter came from 17th and beat his teammate Levi Jones who started 4th. Glad to see that Hunter Scheurenberg is back to "100%"...

Not a real big fan of the format, as Clayton started on the front row of his heat, ran away with it, then started on the pole of the feature and could have won going away without ever passing a car the entire night. However, it looked to me like he was overheating, lost horsepower, and only could manage a 5th place finish.

Stanbrough passed Clayton and drove off and hid, and as he came to the line was pushing lapper Kyle Wissmiller across the checkered, despite the fact that Kyle started 1 spot ahead of Jon, on the outside of the front row. Brady Short started in the third row and ran 2nd.

The action was nothing short of frenetic, as the final 27 laps went green and it was hard to follow all the slide jobs and close action we saw tonight. Highlights of the evening will be up at www.millsvideoproductions.com by Tuesday.

Thanks to the Helfrich's for putting on a great show, capping a weekend in which I saw 6 races in 5 days. It was the best race I saw in that time. Sincerely,

Dean Mills

5/26/08, 1:49 AM   #43
Jerry Shaw

Many times when a race isn't nearly a photo finish, it isn't considered great. Tonight wasn't one of those times. Like a lot of times when Jon squashes a talented field like a bug, those there got to see Da Vinci paint another one of his masterpieces. When he's on, very few (if any) can match his combination of patience, aggression and car control. Tonight he could make the Foxco DRC do anything he wanted it to do. And watching him work his way through and dispatch of lapped traffic was nearly as good as seeing him track down and do away with some of the sports best, to get the lead in the first place. The battle between he and Levi was some top shelf stuff.

The subplot was seeing Hunter check out in the C-Main, easily run through the B-Main lineup and drive the wheels off of the Walker 11B to snatch a podium spot, from his starting spot in the back of the field. I know I sound like a broken record, but thanks to Tommy and his crew for, once again, preparing their racing surface and providing a great evening of racing at Tri-State Speedway.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

5/26/08, 3:58 AM   #44
ThrottleHead

Dean,

Clayton's brake line came off. Running Haubstadt with no brakes is no good. Daron told us himself.

Jerry,

It's not a broken record when it's the truth about track prep. This was yet another demonstration how to prep a track right. Great surface all night AGAIN. They never mess it up. This is precisely why I LOVE to go there. Racing second to none, facility second to none and track-crews/officials second to none. The Class Track proves why it is just that.... everytime they have a race!

5/26/08, 5:17 AM   #45
petey

Can't believe DC's luck right now but he'll get a win sooner or later. He told me afterwards that he's "kicked that monkey's ass before and he can do it again!":O:

Gotta say congrats to the Foxco bunch on another win. Looked like they had the car going just a bit better than it was the last race there two weeks ago.

Schuerenberg was definitely the show tonight. An awesome drive!

Good to see Jack Slash hanging out in the infield getting all the festivities on tape.

Good hanging out and talking with some fellow fanatics like ASQ, Jerry Shaw, Bob (thx for the smokes) and Monica, Chilly W., Mark and Stacie, a few from the Jones clan, etc.

5/26/08, 10:21 AM   #46
Millsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleHead View Post
Dean,

Clayton's brake line came off. Running Haubstadt with no brakes is no good. Daron told us himself.
Well, that'd do it...While I am sorry that Daron had trouble, and wish better for him, his problem actually made for a better race than the one we would have seen had he not encountered trouble. Without that, it's a complete runaway for him and it wouldn't have been near as exciting an event as it turned out to be.

One thing I wish to say about the track that I found interesting...Before the first heat, the track was absolutely perfect. Hotlaps saw a multi-groove racetrack that was throwing mud and making me salivate at the possibilities for the night. But, apparently perfect was not good enough for Mr. Helfrich. His crew went to work, further grooming the track while they waited for the magic hour of 7:30 to begin racing as advertised. That amazed me. Most track owners don't care enough to rework their track when it desperately needs it, let alone when it's absolutely perfect and ready for racing. I admire the preemptive initiative that they show at Tri-State. They trake pride in their surface like no other track I have ever seen anywhere in this country. I tip my hat to the Helfrich's for that. All promoters should take note of the way they do things at Haubstadt, and try to emulate it. On behalf of all the fans that frequent Tri-State, I wish to say thank you for the hard work they do to put on a good show for the fans.

DM

5/26/08, 12:13 PM   #47
coachmeece

Great night of racing

5/26/08, 2:58 PM   #48
Flags anything

For those of you that were at Tri State last night, did anybody hear that it only took 6 MINUTEs to run from the restart to the checker in the A main!!!!!!!. The last time I can remember a feature ran off that quick was a USAC midget race feature ( on TV -ESPN late 90's) which ran just over 8 1/2 minutes "green to checker". I think Jason Leffler won that one in one the #9 cars for Bob East.

5/26/08, 4:39 PM   #49
petey

Yes it was green the rest of the way after the restart from the incident involving I think Jeff Bland and some others can't remember who all stopped.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > haubstadt Update