IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > High Limit, Who’s In!
8/1/23, 12:19 PM   #11
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Interesting that KTJ & Ballou are running
Apparently Ballou posted on Twitter he isnt running...maybe he will though.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, tirespinner
8/1/23, 12:21 PM   #12
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
I know this race is a rain date and they didn’t intend to race this day, but High Limit needs to stay in the April-Jun and September-Oct timeframes. It’s very tempting for promoters to run now because crowds will be better in the summer but the teams get burned out which is partly why the car counts are lower now:
I wish I could get burnt out on making money and racing to win money lol

8/1/23, 1:25 PM   #13
Re: High Limit, Who’s In!
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Im not a hater, I'll watch. If the sponsors and what not keep the $$$ coming It will continue. If not, I don't see it doing so. I doubt any of the tracks gates have paid the purse's for these.

Would love for FLO or someone to find a way to do a ten race Traditional deal 20k 2k to start where everyone who makes the show don't lose if they don't crash or blow up.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/1/23 at 1:28 PM.

3 members like this post: erich45, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier
8/1/23, 2:00 PM   #14
Jonr

As others have said, Kyle and Brad are brining their names and elbow grease. Flo is bringing the money. These shows are similar to the XR late model shows with the high paying purses that no one could understand. The economics of the streaming business is lost on me.

I think that some of the car count is due to the success of the series. There were a lot of regional drivers who thought that they would be battling for a points championship. When that did not happen, they are not as willing to travel as much. If you go back and look at all of the press releases, there are several drivers that stated that they were going to be full time that have dropped off the series.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/1/23, 2:01 PM   #15
flagboy55

The streaming numbers will tell the tale. And if they’re good, I would expect them to have a series sponsor much like the Castrol Flo Late Model series, which I’m predicting now will make a run at Kokomo next year. Charles, if you watched the Grandview HL race, they had a massive crowd that I would think covered the purse, I don’t know about the ones prior to that. I saw the Twitter post that says they’re aiming to be done before 9 local time. That’s ambitious and I hope they get it done. If they could guarantee it, I would go, but we all know the variables in dirt track racing

8/1/23, 2:31 PM   #16
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
I know this race is a rain date and they didn’t intend to race this day, but High Limit needs to stay in the April-Jun and September-Oct timeframes. It’s very tempting for promoters to run now because crowds will be better in the summer but the teams get burned out which is partly why the car counts are lower now:
If you read the schedule you noticed that they pretty much stayed in those time frames. Only one event was scheduled in July, only one in August.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART, tirespinner
8/1/23, 4:05 PM   #17
flagboy55

One interesting combination tonight is Cory Day in the 7BC subbing for ☀️ I was hoping Sheldon would have used one of his Outlaws freebies on this one, but that’s just wishful thinking. Surprised not to see Big Daddy on the entry list as much as he’s been around Kokomo

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
8/1/23, 4:28 PM   #18
NoDramazone2020

I will take Larson and y'all can have the field .....Why would anyone tow to a race knowing they have zero chance at winning.....the only chance you have is if Larson rolls a 12 and takes the challenge.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART, tirespinner
8/1/23, 4:52 PM   #19
Eatin Dirt

I had every intention of going, but got called to sub in golf league. May get home to see part of it.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
8/1/23, 5:32 PM   #20
miledirt

Let me clarify. I certainly hope it’s NOT a one and done. Went to the mid week show at Granite and really enjoyed. Watched almost all of them online. Good car counts and they keep the show moving. I’m pretty much

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > High Limit, Who’s In!