IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Possible Indoor Race for Lightning Sprints
11/5/14, 12:08 PM   #11
Re: Possible Indoor Race for Lightning Sprints
Avon Open Wheel fan

This was the email I received yesterday from the promoter of the race. I told him that I would post this and just get the drivers input on this. Please make suggestions and comments. The small starting field for the feature is mostly because the lack of tansponders or a way to score a feature with several cars in it.

Jay,
Here's what I think I can do. Minimum 12 cars. Thanks for all your help.

$300
$200
$100
$80
$75
$70
$65
$60
$55
$50
$50
$50

$50 entry fee
$20 pit pass
$20 Indoor pit Spot.

Thanks,
Steve

www.illinimidgets.com

11/5/14, 1:42 PM   #12
SPIKER RACING PRODUCTS

Payout is way to small for us to travel that far. We race for more than that with indoor go karts.

1 member likes this post: hoscalecody
11/5/14, 2:24 PM   #13
DAD

Jay

The purse ain't too great but for us non professional racers who race on our small fortune alone, sounds pretty good to me. The big thing is introducing our brand to new areas of the country.

There are probably at least 12 racers out there willing to race for the fun of it, us being one of them... I realize that there are a few racers in Mini Sprints that have to race for the bottom line in order to support themselves but we ain't one of them.

Count Us in, if the creek don't rise.

Honest Dad himself

2 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, bn kleen
11/5/14, 4:35 PM   #14
bn kleen

Don't forget there's always 30-40 or more per class with 7 or 8 classes of karts racing for 1 of 12 A main spots. So of course the pay out can be higher.

11/5/14, 4:39 PM   #15
Avon Open Wheel fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Jay

The purse ain't too great but for us non professional racers who race on our small fortune alone, sounds pretty good to me. The big thing is introducing our brand to new areas of the country.

There are probably at least 12 racers out there willing to race for the fun of it, us being one of them... I realize that there are a few racers in Mini Sprints that have to race for the bottom line in order to support themselves but we ain't one of them.

Count Us in, if the creek don't rise.

Honest Dad himself

It is official the race will be happening. I should receive the posters and race information tomorrow. It will be posted on this site and the MMSA facebook page.

www.illinimidgets.com

1 member likes this post: DAD
11/6/14, 11:57 AM   #16
DAD

Jay

Here is a link to Steve Nace Racing's Website. He is in pretty big with Motorcycles, Go Karts, and Micro Midgets. He runs a good program and doesn't wait around to call an event if he sees poor weather conditions developing. I like that!! I went to it so many times last year I put it on my desktop.

http://www.stevenaceracing.com/

I hope we can get a bigger race going sometimes mid winter. "The longest journey always starts with one small step."

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/6/14 at 12:00 PM.

1 member likes this post: Avon Open Wheel fan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Possible Indoor Race for Lightning Sprints