IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
EldoraMark (Offline)
  #21 2/10/22 9:34 AM
Originally Posted by kcarm92:
is there really 10 usac teams anymore, I still think it's a win for both fans and racers, going head to head with the ice breaker will not be a problem, brownstown will have their late model fans ,and sprint fans will be at paragon,
Is their 10 teams? well there suppose to have 40 teams heading to Florida. So I think that most teams are ready.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, spankytoo, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #22 2/10/22 10:06 AM
This race has always had half a dozen or more heavy hitters, KTJ. Bacon when he has a non usac ride, Ballou, Bell, Tmez, Short. Last time I was at the Amati Race at Paragon, Two of the top five, including the winner were locals. Yet there were eight to ten usac racers there.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: chrismattlin, oppweld
PAW (Offline)
  #23 2/10/22 10:38 AM
Unbelievable! Some of you on here whining and had your panties in a knot because it was on the same date. Now they're on different dates and your panties are still in a knot and you're still whining!😢😢

:99:: Wings Don't Move Air THEY SUCK
41 Likes: 95KART, addictedtodirt, Big Mike 7, bighd0522, billw, BrentTFunk, captrat, Charles Nungester, chase1989, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, Dblchkrs, dkdorkboy, erich45, fish, fishnman, Joekocjan, jonboat15, Ken Bonnema, monkeyboy, nathans1012, Offroadrace_814, okie, Oleman61x, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, PIT CART, Pitdad, PJ Wright, racenut69, RacinBabe, Rcar, RHR, Sandy Lowe, tamati, tirespinner, TNRustler, TQ29m, trackprep, wildman92, Will Shunk
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #24 2/10/22 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by spankytoo:
Now there are two races. Scenario: 5 USAC teams go to one and 5 USAC teams go to the other. That leaves 15 spots open for other teams at each track. A total of 30.

So with it split to two dates the USAC teams go to each race and take 10 spots and leaves only 10 spots for other teams. That means that there are 10 lower teams that no longer have a chance.
I can kind of see spanky's logic here. I don't think anyone is truly upset with two races on two different dates, it was just how the scenarios were presented.

Two on two differents are still better than two on one in my opinion.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #25 2/10/22 12:21 PM
Some spanks would b1tch if you paid em 100 bucks to go watch
5 Likes: Dirtfan, opnwhlmnd, RacinBabe, Rcar, tirespinner
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #26 2/10/22 4:02 PM
Originally Posted by PAW:
Unbelievable! Some of you on here whining and had your panties in a knot because it was on the same date. Now they're on different dates and your panties are still in a knot and you're still whining!😢😢
Congrats, you win the internet today!!! Great post.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
6 Likes: addictedtodirt, dkdorkboy, Ken Bonnema, PAW, tirespinner, trackprep
Kart#51 (Offline)
  #27 2/10/22 4:42 PM
Originally Posted by spankytoo:
I disagree with the statement that this is better for the racers. It might be better for the top 10 teams but the other 60 - 70 cars just got screwed. There was a chance for some lower teams to make a show and pocket $1k, but now their chances just got tremendously cut.
This problem is easily solved. Give all 60 participants a $1000 for showing up and the winner gets a $25 gift card to Taco Bell for their drive home. We will rename the race the Xtra Cheesy Gordita 40.
To the victor goes the spoils.
7 Likes: chrismattlin, ginblueearth, oppweld, Pitdad, PJ Wright, Rcar, tirespinner
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #28 2/10/22 5:11 PM
Originally Posted by Kart#51:
This problem is easily solved. Give all 60 participants a $1000 for showing up and the winner gets a $25 gift card to Taco Bell for their drive home. We will rename the race the Xtra Cheesy Gordita 40.
To the victor goes the spoils.
im thrashing to find a top notch ride just for the Taco Bell gift card alone....

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
8 Likes: addictedtodirt, ginblueearth, opnwhlmnd, PJ Wright, racenut69, Rcar, tirespinner, TQ29m
TQ29m (Online)
  #29 2/10/22 6:42 PM
I have that covered already Chris!

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
2 Likes: luckybuc97, tirespinner
wildman92 (Offline)
  #30 2/10/22 8:41 PM
Mmmmm the real question here is…..will Paragon have ice cream??? ☺️

Jen Kelley (she/her)
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, Offroadrace_814, tirespinner