IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WOO. Could another series rivel them if done right? Not NST.
8/16/17, 2:12 PM   #11
treecitytornado

Now WoO sanctions the Kings Royal and Knoxville Nationals, but they use the traditional formats of these races still, no provisionals, and only give show-up points.

8/16/17, 2:14 PM   #12
Re: WOO. Could another series rivel them if done right? Not
revjimk

What the point of starting a new wing series? I would just like to see USAC make some progress

5 members like this post: captrat, Kydehart, nathans1012, PIT CART, superstock30
8/16/17, 2:44 PM   #13
staggerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
What the point of starting a new wing series? I would just like to see USAC make some progress
I will give USAC some credit as things are a bit better now but still lacking if you compare even to the All Stars. To me as long as USAC is run by a board and not by leadership that can make a change I just don't see it evolving to a Woo level.

2 members like this post: bighd0522, superstock30
8/16/17, 5:46 PM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
I will give USAC some credit as things are a bit better now but still lacking if you compare even to the All Stars. To me as long as USAC is run by a board and not by leadership that can make a change I just don't see it evolving to a Woo level.
And what makes you think USAC could or even should try to reach a WoO level? Most of the cars are owned by a single person or couple people. Most owners and drivers have full time jobs. And as others have said, How many series, How many classifications can this sport take? IMHO it's so dilluted it's a shame. At least USAC is the premier Non Wing series. Id just love to see a few more bigger money shows.

1 member likes this post: superstock30
8/16/17, 5:53 PM   #15
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
And what makes you think USAC could or even should try to reach a WoO level? Most of the cars are owned by a single person or couple people. Most owners and drivers have full time jobs. And as others have said, How many series, How many classifications can this sport take? IMHO it's so dilluted it's a shame. At least USAC is the premier Non Wing series. Id just love to see a few more bigger money shows.
Right... thats what I meant by "progress"!

1 member likes this post: captrat
8/16/17, 6:25 PM   #16
BrentTFunk

I don't know that there is a market for another series. Are teams disgruntled with the Outlaws? Would tracks throw away their biggest show of the year with the Outlaws to take a chance with another series? I don't pay much attention to late models, but the Lucas Oil involvement I have seen in open wheel have not been overly impressive to me. The ASCS (which I think Tony Stewart will soon own along with the Chili Bowl) seems to have some detractors. They don't pay a lot for all the travel that is involved. POWRi still pays less than USAC, and seem to run a lot of back gate shows. I love Macon and little Belleville, but I am skipping Macon after Springfield because of too many classes. I am taking my Grandson and that will be way too long of a day.
The Outlaws have priced themselves out of the smaller tracks, and that works for them, but USAC can't charge $40 a ticket for Indiana SprintWeek. I plan on supporting all of the higher paying shows for USAC at Kokomo, Lawrenceburg, and Haubstadt. If people want to see more high paying races, they should do the same. You vote with your wallet.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 8/18/17 at 11:54 AM. Reason: spelling

5 members like this post: flagboy55, GlobalSpeedway Tours, jim goerge, Jonr, Sandy Lowe
8/16/17, 6:50 PM   #17
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
It's been tried twice with the best drivers in the business and didn't work twice with USA or NST. Maybe third time is a charm!?
Exactly. Third time won't even happen. Original poster just had an idea & some time on his hands....

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
8/16/17, 11:09 PM   #18
Eagle14

Listen to the Podcact with Damion Gardner on JackSlash...they have some good convo and talk about the same idea and concept with 360 vs 410 listen to it episode 16. Just some insight. Listened to it today while working and .... check it out! Worth your listen!

4 members like this post: BRose, flagboy55, jim goerge, Tony74
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WOO. Could another series rivel them if done right? Not NST.