IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
95KART (Offline)
  #1 3/13/21 6:08 PM
Hello Hoosier racing fans, I'm moving to Indiana this spring and am looking for a house to rent in the Indianapolis area. I have only been to Indy a couple times and am not really familiar with the area, so I figured I would ask the group here for those that live in Indiana.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I should/shouldn't look for houses to rent? Or any general tips for living/renting in Indy?

Thanks in advance, I apologize if this is too far off topic for this forum. I'm excited to start going to the tracks and watch some sprint car racing the way it should be: without wings!
6 Likes: AustinSprinter, i love dirt track racing, jonboat15, nathans1012, oppweld, WinglessLovers
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #2 3/13/21 8:08 PM
West side of Indy is what I recommend. Close to interstates,racing shops etc etc. Avon,Brownsburg,Clermont,Pittsboro,Speedway Plainfield,and Danville are towns on the west side fairly close to Indy.

Personally i'd avoid the East side of town unless you own a bulletproof vest etc...etc....
3 Likes: 95KART, i love dirt track racing, nathans1012
openwheelfan1 (Online)
  #3 3/13/21 8:29 PM
Second Mr. Quinn’s assessment. We lived in Plainfield for 30 years before moving a few years ago. Highly recommend the IN267 “corridor” of Mooresville, Plainfield, Avon, Brownsburg. Close to Indianapolis, but just far enough away.
2 Likes: 95KART, racefan20
RACrappieman (Offline)
  #4 3/13/21 9:43 PM
I would second the above recommendations, however houses are pretty tough to find in the aforementioned areas. I own rental property, and it stays rented easily. I live in Hendricks County (Pittsboro/Danville area) Avoid the east side of Indy at all cost. The north side of Indy is the “high rent district”. I’d start looking seriously for a place to live because it’s highly competitive. Hope this helps.
95KART (Offline)
  #5 3/13/21 10:15 PM
Thanks for the recommendations, I thought there was probably a reason all the cheap rentals were on the east side. It is tough finding houses on the west side though that I can afford being fresh out of college. I really don't need the house, I just need the garage, and every extra dollar for rent is one less for racing...
4 Likes: davidm, jonboat15, oppweld, RockinRy
Deansnuts (Offline)
  #6 3/14/21 6:49 AM
Contact Robbie Rice They have a small 2 bedroom duplex good for short term.Most rentals have a 6 no lease. Good luck.
2 Likes: 95KART, oppweld
snowdrift (Offline)
  #7 3/14/21 11:04 AM
How about the greenfield area check it out
  #8 3/14/21 11:40 AM
I'm surprised the one race fan in Osgood hasnt told you what an exciting place it is to live there yet.......Cept its in the middle of nowhere!
2 Likes: 95KART, i love dirt track racing
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #9 3/14/21 12:07 PM
Should that be the "Mayor" of Osgood?

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
3 Likes: 95KART, Andrew S. Quinn, i love dirt track racing
  #10 3/14/21 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
Should that be the "Mayor" of Osgood?
I think he is the director of tourism there !
2 Likes: 95KART, i love dirt track racing