IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #1 7/14/13 3:27 AM
Drivers coming from Kokomo, INDY and WEST of track, please be aware that state road 1 will be closed. Take exit 156 (Sunman Exit) off of interstate 74. Turn right onto 101 follow to 48 turn left, follow to US 50, turn left, track on left. This route is the same travel distance

DO NOT STAY ON I-74, Road work at the 275-I74 Split had a UP TO 7 MILE BACKUP ALL DAY SATURDAY and they work was ongoing with bridge resurfacing at 2am when I came home.

USE THOSE DIRECTIONS, YOU should be fine. It's probably about 7-8 miles on 101 to 48 south.. THAT IS THE FIRST EXIT AFTER BATESVILLE (Minus the Rest Stop)

Stay safe, That could save you over a hour backup on I-74

Charles Nungester
5 Likes: a tall Short fan 36, Al Pierce, cleatziff, Indy, Jrp4554
  #2 7/14/13 3:30 AM
There is no construction going west, So after the races if you plan to head back to Indy and points north and west. 275-74 should be fine.

Charles Nungester
Indy (Offline)
  #3 7/14/13 6:16 AM
I really appreciate this useful info. Thanks for taking the time to alert us.
Kim Rudisell (Offline)
  #4 7/14/13 8:09 AM
Here they are again:
Take exit 156 (Sunman Exit) off of interstate 74. Turn right onto 101 follow to 48 turn left, follow to US 50, turn left, track on left. This route is the same travel distance.

See ya soon!
  #5 7/14/13 9:02 AM

Charles Nungester
flatout (Offline)
  #6 7/14/13 9:20 AM
Charles, my dad is coming down from Dayton, is it safe for him to take 275 west around the north end of town or will he run into construction?

TIA

Posted via Mobile Device
  #7 7/14/13 10:55 AM
yes, thats fine,

Charles Nungester
Z-man (Offline)
  #8 7/14/13 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by flatout:
Charles, my dad is coming down from Dayton, is it safe for him to take 275 west around the north end of town or will he run into construction?

TIA

Posted via Mobile Device
Traffic was backed up on 275 west bound at the 74 split yesterday

Posted via Mobile Device

Will work for Race Tickets and Beer
  #9 7/14/13 11:16 AM
East Bound was to the state line. I had no problem going west, Some lane shifts but still three lanes, East bound was one lane from dry fork to the southern split.

Should be fine coming from Dayton, If your not, Come blame me, I'll probably be the biggest guy sitting in the top row of Section G.

Charles Nungester