IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 Corner Hoosier What Track/Sanctioning Bodies
3/28/16, 8:02 PM   #1
4 Corner Hoosier What Track/Sanctioning Bodies
hairracer44

I started a new thread because the old one was getting a little lengthy, my question is which tracks and sanctioning bodies have committed to this rule. I have looked at MSCS, Bloomington, Putnamville and Lawrenceburg web sites. The only one the specifies all 4 corners need to be Hoosier's is MSCS, I found nothing on Bloomington and nothing on Putnamville and Lawrenceburg's was updated today that Right Rear is Hoosier Spec and the other three are open. So what is the truth.

http://lawrenceburgspeedway.com/details.php?dID=11

3/29/16, 12:43 AM   #2
treecitytornado

That's great news about Lawrenceburg changing their mind! Money isn't everything! Tracks need cars! I feel myself, along with all the opposing views led to this decision! Maybe the rest will change their minds too! Sometimes it feels good to stand up for what you believe in! Bloomington has it posted on their Facebook, but not on the Rules on their website. Maybe they will change their minds too! Putnamville was the first to jump on according to people in the know, but have yet to post anything. Let's hope they keep it open on 3 corners too! Maybe MSCS will be the only one.
Last edited by treecitytornado; 3/29/16 at 12:52 AM.

2 members like this post: DirtHawk92, flatout
3/31/16, 10:16 PM   #3
btownracer

David
It is pretty obvious that the tracks going with this rule do not have the guts to post it beyond a Facebook blurb. If this was such a great thing for the racers would you not think they would be proud and tell everyone?

3/31/16, 10:51 PM   #4
DirtHawk92

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 8

I'm just a fan and don't like it! If u wanna kill car counts at your track then go ahead and implement this... I don't blame you guys as drivers one bit...I don't like someone telling me I don't have choices...Talk about pushing the small guy out...tracks would b shooting themselves in the foot...Lose money= entry fee, pit passes,etc.... Just my opinion.. And I know we've all got one on this issue..

1 member likes this post: MKTQ17
4/1/16, 2:44 AM   #5
KingRandomUser

First off, I do find it strange how very few tracks have actually said much on the rule in the first place. Some really not at all.
Most tracks tend to post here as well, and again haven't seen any of them make mention of the tire rule.

Anyways let's get down to it.

Kokomo and Gas City are now Confirmed to be using this rule. There is a news article about it on Kokomo's track website. Posted March 28th.

MSCS and TriState is also using the rule, as expected since Hoosier has a lot of sponsorship with the series. Which of course is based in Haubstadt.

Lawrenceburg has amended their rules on March 28th to revert back to the RR only.

Bloomington has only made a Facebook post about the rule. No other mention has been made. The rules on the track site are for 2015 and have not been updated. But the post did state they were going to use the rule.

Lincoln Park...I haven't seen a yay or nay honestly. The only mention of a tire rule on the track's site is the RR spec rule from 2014. There might of been something I missed, but either way it's not clear. Rumor is they too are gonna use the rule.

Paragon doesn't have their Sprint rules posted, but they likely will remain very open as they've always been.

BOSS series is not running the tire rule as pointed out by the promotor in the previous thread.

USAC is sticking with the RR Spec tire only.

That about sums up most of the tracks and series who run weekly or frequently enough to be mentioned. Most other tracks either run only a special show or two or have one of the previously mentioned series attending. (Terre Haute for example)

All in all that is about the gist of what can be gathered so far. So it seems like just about every major track is on board in using the all 4 Hoosier rule.

2 members like this post: hairracer44, jim goerge
4/1/16, 10:33 AM   #6
treecitytornado

Didn't think Kokomo/Gas City would give in this late in the going. They already had the 2016 Rules posted on the Kokomo site and said they would remain Open Tire on 3 corners, but not now.

4/1/16, 5:00 PM   #7
Re: 4 Corner Hoosier What Track/Sanctioning Bodies
sp6967

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtHawk92 View Post
I'm just a fan and don't like it! If u wanna kill car counts at your track then go ahead and implement this... I don't blame you guys as drivers one bit...I don't like someone telling me I don't have choices...Talk about pushing the small guy out...tracks would b shooting themselves in the foot...Lose money= entry fee, pit passes,etc.... Just my opinion.. And I know we've all got one on this issue..
they have pretty much pushed this small guy out.

4/2/16, 2:54 AM   #8
jim goerge

I am a ex official with MSCS and am a big time fan of sprint car racing. I am probley going to step on some toes here , but almost everyone here who is complaining doesn't run MSCS but maybe at one track if that Last year while walking the pits I noticed that the biggest part of you guys already had purple tires in place. So am I missing the point somewhere about someone telling you you have to do this or that ? Stepping off soapbox now

3 members like this post: Kellen Conover, rclaridge, tdt636
4/2/16, 8:16 AM   #9
chastaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
I am a ex official with MSCS and am a big time fan of sprint car racing. I am probley going to step on some toes here , but almost everyone here who is complaining doesn't run MSCS but maybe at one track if that Last year while walking the pits I noticed that the biggest part of you guys already had purple tires in place. So am I missing the point somewhere about someone telling you you have to do this or that ? Stepping off soapbox now
I agree. I races at LPS, Bloomington, Paragon and Haubstadt last year and other than at Paragon and Paul Hazens 57 most all other cars are already running Purple. This can be validated by going to each track photographer site and review pics. Other brands are very limited

2 members like this post: CMRRacing, jim goerge
4/2/16, 9:25 AM   #10
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Check the Paragon photographers pages and see how many purples are being ran.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 Corner Hoosier What Track/Sanctioning Bodies