IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Hoosier All 4 Rule
3/19/16, 5:04 PM   #1
New Hoosier All 4 Rule
treecitytornado

What are your feelings on MSCS, Bloomington, Lawrenceburg, and Putnamville going to the all 4 Hoosier rule? Is this good for the car owners and drivers or just the tracks or sanctioning bodies? Will this increase Point Funds with the added money paid to the tracks and sanctioning bodies? What about pricing? Will prices go up more after the market only has one tire manufacturer? Why weren't the racers given a lead in time to use up other tires? Is this good for Sprint Car racing for the future?
I am surprised nobody has discussed this intelligently already, but here's our chance. If you are for the Rule Change give reasons why and if against it, please do the same. Let's have a respectful, intelligent discussion about a Rule Change that may change the face of local Non-Wing Sprint Car racing forever.

2 members like this post: DirtHawk92, interpreter66
3/19/16, 5:17 PM   #2
DirtHawk92

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 8

Was not aware of this JT.. On one hand if Hoosier tires is gonna "pony-up" more money towards races and sponsorship of MSCS then "might" not b a bad thing... On the other hand I feel for all the guys that just wanna race and can't because of rule... I dunno pal I'm torn..... I think this blows unless there's a reason &we aren't getting the lowdown on it yet??? Just my 2cents... I would rather see all guys that wanna run MSCS run -minus the rule!! Almost seems like monopoly to me... Just sayin....I think we'd ALL like some clarity as to why???? Especially the tracks...I could see MSCS doing this.. But tracks??!!
Last edited by DirtHawk92; 3/19/16 at 5:33 PM.

1 member likes this post: treecitytornado
3/19/16, 6:08 PM   #3
Leohr46

There's never nothing good come of having only one manufacturer in a competition. That's part of competition, brands going head to head against each other. NASCAR has went to spec racing, I just hope we as local racer haven't been forced into it. No good.

6 members like this post: Agentry10, DirtHawk92, dshort36, fishnman, treecitytornado, v8j
3/19/16, 6:13 PM   #4
Re: New Hoosier All 4 Rule
trecraft

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtHawk92 View Post
Was not aware of this JT.. On one hand if Hoosier tires is gonna "pony-up" more money towards races and sponsorship of MSCS then "might" not b a bad thing... On the other hand I feel for all the guys that just wanna race and can't because of rule... I dunno pal I'm torn..... I think this blows unless there's a reason &we aren't getting the lowdown on it yet??? Just my 2cents... I would rather see all guys that wanna run MSCS run -minus the rule!! Almost seems like monopoly to me... Just sayin....I think we'd ALL like some clarity as to why???? Especially the tracks...I could see MSCS doing this.. But tracks??!!
Almost seems like a monopoly? Monopoly. Exclusive control by one group of the means of producing or selling a commodity or service. Quack, quack, quack, quack.

3/19/16, 6:31 PM   #5
LEADERS EDGE

I can't believe it has taken this long. Tire manufactures don't want competition because it cuts into profits and promotors are looking for ways to increase revenue. There is no incentive for promotors, clubs and sanctioning bodies to help the racers because the racers won't help themselves. It's not going to keep teams from going because they will do whatever it takes to race. Smart financial moves for Hoosier and the tracks.

4 members like this post: K9Racer, Pat O'Connor Fan, R A K, sjracer26
3/19/16, 6:44 PM   #6
sprinter14

This is a very sad deal to see happening. I formed the BOSS series in an effort to help fight some of the bad trends in short track racing. I think many of my teams will tell you how hard I've fought against "fees" and stupid rules that cost teams money.

Our open tire rule last year produced GREAT racing with 2 photo finishes where the 2 cars in question were on opposite brands of tires. We have proven that the competition is very equal and the BOSS series is sponsored equally by both tire manufacturers for a total dollar amount of MORE than what some tracks got to have a tire rule.

The tracks may feel that they are in a position where they have no choice. I felt that way once upon a time too.

The BOSS series will remain OPEN tire rule proudly supported equally by BOTH manufacturers.

Aaron Fry
BOSS

3/19/16, 6:58 PM   #7
LEADERS EDGE

I think that is a great way to do it myself, but I don't know what tracks and clubs are offered to do these deals.
Last edited by LEADERS EDGE; 3/19/16 at 7:02 PM.

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
3/19/16, 7:35 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I don't want anyone to take it personally, But this BLOWS!

Next thing all the sprint cars will be running Maxim, Hoosier, Gaertes infinitys with absolutely no choice of anything.

Call it indycar for lack of a better name. See where that went.................

3/19/16, 7:53 PM   #9
nonwing77

Will not support any place with this rule! Period.

3/19/16, 7:56 PM   #10
sp6967

#gyatk
Last edited by sp6967; 3/19/16 at 7:58 PM.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, Racer1039
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Hoosier All 4 Rule