IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
thunder31 (Offline)
  #1 3/17/20 11:32 AM
I have a used 28 gallon Fuel Safe Outlaw bladder that I am putting in a new Fuel Safe shell the same size. The bladder went right in the tank but I'm having trouble smoothing it out internally to fit the shell where I can get the pickup in right. Thought about putting air to it but don't want to damage the bladder. Anybody on here have any good tips for getting a bladder to conform to the inside of a tank?
Josh Spencer (Offline)
  #2 3/17/20 12:41 PM
I used the rounded end of a broom and pushed the tops and bottoms and sides out. Just be careful not to rip or tear it, which If you are using the rounded smooth edge should be ok. You can also stick your hands in there and push up to the shell. Once you put fuel in it, it will push against shell, tank. Good luck!

Josh Spencer
copper14 (Offline)
  #3 3/19/20 8:52 PM
I used wd 40.i cut the heads off the appropriate size bolts and used them as studs leaving several inches of the bolts exposed.screw the bolts into the bladder and push the cut off bolts through the holes in the shell.pair of vice grips holds the stud up so you can start the correct bolts.spencer had a good idea with the broom handle also.cg
2 Likes: spicoli, t_inmyface
TQ29m (Offline)
  #4 3/20/20 7:49 AM
Last one I put back in I used a basketball bat, easy to handle, and big enough ends to not easily punch a hole in it.

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
3 Likes: i love dirt track racing, Josh Spencer, wallbanger II
Isaac Chapple Racing (Offline)
  #5 3/20/20 10:09 AM
Fill the bladder with water once it’s in the shell. It will fit to the shape of the shell. After you dump all of the water out just let it sit upside down for a day or so to dry out.

Isaac Chapple
5 Likes: Dougherty20, dwhitney1169, i love dirt track racing, Josh Spencer, TQ29m
wallbanger II (Offline)
  #6 3/20/20 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by TQ29m:
Last one I put back in I used a basketball bat, easy to handle, and big enough ends to not easily punch a hole in it.
I could not get my basketball bat in the opening ? tq i enjoy your post all of them.
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, TQ29m
TQ29m (Offline)
  #7 3/20/20 10:45 AM
I'm sorry, I forget to mention either end, not side ways, took me a minute to figure that out myself! Thanks

2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, mc/rider
jahmo55 (Offline)
  #8 3/23/20 8:56 PM
You need to put Baby Powder inside the shell and on the outside of the Bladder and it will slide around right in place.
Sprint8586 (Offline)
  #9 3/24/20 7:11 AM
Originally Posted by wallbanger II:
I could not get my basketball bat in the opening ? tq i enjoy your post all of them.
Wallbanger, Try a football bat...it will fit.
TQ29m (Offline)
  #10 3/24/20 8:59 AM
I knew it was something simple, I forget I even had one. Thanks