IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jonr (Offline)
  #1 1/15/20 10:41 PM
Any problems with this race and the BC39 happening during the same weekend?

I looked on Google at the track and the road course is fairly course to the dirt track.

The image also was taking during the running of the BC39. There were haulers and cars all over the dirt track.
jjones752 (Offline)
  #2 1/16/20 6:42 AM
The BC39 has always run during the week of the Brickyard with no issues whatsoever. The race is run on the Wednesday and Thursday nights prior to the NASCAR events and most of the haulers haven't even shown up yet. Even if they were on site, the dirt track's location in Turn 3 works in its' favor as it is out of the vicinity of the main garage/pit areas. Moving the Xfinity race to the road course won't impact the logistics either; it's amazing how quickly the IMS crews can turn the configuration from road course to oval, and back again.

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
LocalYokel (Offline)
  #3 1/16/20 7:05 AM
Are they not running the Xfinity cars on the Oval at all? That seems like an *interesting* decision...
Moving it back to IRP would make more sense.

You better take care of me, Lord. If you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.
ronmil (Offline)
  #4 1/16/20 3:16 PM
Originally Posted by LocalYokel:
Are they not running the Xfinity cars on the Oval at all? That seems like an *interesting* decision...
Moving it back to IRP would make more sense.
That won't happen until Roger Penske buys IRP.

Ron Miller
4 Likes: erich45, jdull99, jjones752, leftturnonly