IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BC39 Backstretch
9/6/19, 8:59 PM   #31
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Pat asked several times for people to be considerate and take a seat. All it takes is for a few knuckleheads to start a chain reaction...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

2 members like this post: erich45, jim goerge
9/7/19, 11:42 AM   #32
Re: BC39 Backstretch
ISF

Some headway is being made on the inconsiderate standing problem. One of the announcers for the Ted Horn Memorial at Du Quoin last Sunday night made an appoint to tell the crowd to be heedful of others and set down after the "wave lap" so women and young folks along with the handicapped can enjoy the racing. The only way for progress to be made is if the silly and rude practice of standing for the sake of standing during races is deemed unacceptable. Part of the problem at this point in time is there are just enough people who actually enjoy diminishing the enjoyment of others and draw a bit of childish satisfaction from being annoying and rude along with the reaction it elicit's.

It's a heartening that at least a degree of progress is being made.

5 members like this post: captrat, Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, luckybuc97, PJ Wright
9/7/19, 12:40 PM   #33
jonboat15

People standing during the racing is a problem. You can't expect people to listen to an announcer so you must tell the standing offenders yourself. I've had to do it for decades and my friends do it too. Tell the standers they are blocking your view. Sometimes they are nice, sometimes they are not. Most of the people who like to stand are the part time fans that really don't get racing they just like going to big events to say they were there. Posers.

2 members like this post: captrat, jim goerge
9/7/19, 1:19 PM   #34
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Maybe signage might help.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, luckybuc97
9/7/19, 2:24 PM   #35
BigWheel7

Race Count This Year: 2

First 15 rows of section 8 would not sit down at any point during the feature. This forced everyone else to have to stand just to see. Really disheartening that people feel they need to stand just to watch a race.

1 member likes this post: dirt330
9/7/19, 2:54 PM   #36
Rapid Rick

I would like to see USAC swap out the TV monitor in the infield for a simple scoreboard that displays lap count and running order. Hard to see what purpose the monitor has. They don't show replays and you can see the same thing by simply looking at the track.

9/8/19, 2:18 AM   #37

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheel7 View Post
First 15 rows of section 8 would not sit down at any point during the feature. This forced everyone else to have to stand just to see. Really disheartening that people feel they need to stand just to watch a race.
Bet I know why this is. I was near the top of sec 7 and the two guys in front of us got up and left before start of the feature. I am thinking cool this helps are sight lines. Come to find out they said they were going to stand on the rail on the walkway to watch the race. well I think these guys are idiots the yellow shirts wont let them do that.

Half way through the feature I look down And see them standing right in front of SECTION 8. and yes idiots is fitting.
Last edited by Points; 9/8/19 at 2:20 AM.

9/8/19, 6:41 AM   #38
RGraves

It's pretty cool that the shot on Google maps was taken during race weekend. You can see the haulers in the pits.

9/8/19, 10:03 AM   #39
The Old Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
Maybe signage might help.
Atention: Anyone Standing After The Wave Lap Will Be Shot!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BC39 Backstretch