IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
jjones752 (Offline)
  #11 7/22/19 1:36 PM
Originally Posted by Therealether:
That would be the W Series. Supposed to be like F1 for women. Which many women (including Pippa Mann) object to because it's very existence implies women can't compete equally with men
Something Pippa REALLY objected to was it was originally going to be called something like "The Handmaiden's Series", which she found really offensive.

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
TQ29m (Offline)
  #12 7/22/19 3:51 PM
Originally Posted by jjones752:
Something Pippa REALLY objected to was it was originally going to be called something like "The Handmaiden's Series", which she found really offensive.
That would upset anyone!

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #13 7/22/19 8:08 PM
Originally Posted by speed bump:
Thanks, I just seen that ...I had it set to tape while I was at Kokomo..seen it was raining and the tape ran out ...Glad to see it will be repeated ...
On the bright side, you taped a good IMSA race from Lime Rock (even though they went to a commercial with about five minutes left in the race). It was supposed to air (tape delayed from the afternoon) AFTER the IndyCar race at 2130, but they upped the time due to the Iowa weather.

So, the fans who set their tapes to start at 2130 got the IMSA race with about 30 minutes left. The fans who set their tapes to watch the IndyCars ran out of tape.

I've had worse things happen this week.....
3 Likes: chrismattlin, davidm, jdull99