IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Now what USAC?
11/9/18, 9:32 PM   #31
Re: Now what USAC?
Jonr

The real question is what has been the standard for the entire season, not the last race weekend of the year. If they have consistently parked people for similar actions, they should park them now. If they have not parked anyone all year, why should we start now? Consistency is what we should strive for.

11/9/18, 10:43 PM   #32
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
The real question is what has been the standard for the entire season, not the last race weekend of the year. If they have consistently parked people for similar actions, they should park them now. If they have not parked anyone all year, why should we start now? Consistency is what we should strive for.
If you want to end the problem you penalize him now and make it known that’s not tolerated. If the 7 was parked tonite and it cost him a title, maybe everyone would realize that’s not acceptable. Doing it this way would prove consistency of zero tolerance using your car to retaliate. Not hard to understand.

4 members like this post: Hubie, jim goerge, oppweld, racingirl
11/9/18, 10:52 PM   #33
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I don't understand why someone would *****, moan and cry about a certain sanctioning body and turn right around and attend that sanctioning bodies races. That makes absolutely no sense to me what so ever. If I complained about that certain sanctioning body as much as some do on here I sure in the hell would NOT attend their races, but that's just me.
Then stay home bud. I love the racing but think the sanctioning body sucks. I wish there were other options in nonwing to the level of usacs competition. Since there are not I’m still going to the races. Thanks for your advice it was nice of you to let me know.

5 members like this post: Bill Angel, jim goerge, progressive22, Speedwrench, tmac39
11/9/18, 11:11 PM   #34
TKRacing

I saw hard racing. How often do slide jobs end in contact? Quite often. It’s called racing. Driving into someone AFTER the checkered is NOT racing! This is coming from someone who has been in the driver seat, not a keyboard jocky picking sides for their favorite driver. I know both of them. Both on and off the track. Tyler I raced with since I was about 10 years old. Justin since he moved here from Cali. Hard to pick sides but again i saw hard racing on a track that took rubber. Things happen, but retaliation after the checkered shouldn’t happen under any circumstances.

11/9/18, 11:46 PM   #35
btownracer

What is worse actions or words?

2 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge
11/9/18, 11:48 PM   #36
rclaridge

Jonr there is absolutely no place on this board for logic and common sense!!

11/10/18, 1:58 AM   #37
NOSTINKINWINGS

Ding ding ding. Round 2 is over. Now what?

11/10/18, 2:29 AM   #38
opnwhlmnd

We can educate the ignorant but we can't fix stupid.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Hubie, jim goerge
11/10/18, 2:34 AM   #39
jim goerge

I"ve been thinking lol. Having the old boxing ring on wheels at the tracks not such a bad idea. Really to me it looked like a racing deal no more no less

11/10/18, 3:01 AM   #40
SteelCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
I"ve been thinking lol. Having the old boxing ring on wheels at the tracks not such a bad idea. Really to me it looked like a racing deal no more no less
It is not a "racing deal" when you wreck someone after the checkered flag!

3 members like this post: captrat, Hubie, racingirl
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Now what USAC?