IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway
9/23/17, 3:16 PM   #41
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
I'm sitting at home hundreds of miles away from any wingless racing. I would have loved to have been there.
You would've had time to drive all the way to Bton last night and still catch the features.

I get it, we'll all miss racing in the winter. But for as few cars as they had, only 2 classes, no excuse for racing until 11:45pm. 😞

9/23/17, 4:48 PM   #42
Re: Bloomington Speedway
openwheelfan1

This is just a question, not trying to stir up anything. Did the second feature pay more points than the first feature? Bland won the first with Short second, Short won the second feature with Bland second. Wouldn't they have been tied in points??

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/23/17, 6:19 PM   #43
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 16
Race Count Last Year: 85

It was stated earlier in evening if two drivers tied in points the overall title would go to the higher finisher in race two. Therefore Short wins the $4000.

BRUCE Eckel

5 members like this post: dshort36, openwheelfan1, SPD 37, tirespinner, wildman92
9/23/17, 7:27 PM   #44
openwheelfan1

Thank you Mr. Eckel. Makes sense.

2 members like this post: dshort36, tirespinner
9/23/17, 8:36 PM   #45
Grimes87

We was one of the car at blooington and mad all night but looking back on the night I thank the night was for the smaller teams to make a little money and for the track being wet that was all for one car because he does not like heavy track and for the 305 that was a racer track for them in the pass 305 never lifted

2 members like this post: Jackslash.com, tirespinner
9/23/17, 11:38 PM   #46
Buster51

Smaller teams never make any money. If it wasnt for smaller teams there would be 10 cars at every show.

9/24/17, 12:43 AM   #47
btownracer

I was there and it was fast but just like what we ran every week for many years up until around 2007. A lot of the younger drivers have no idea what that kind of track is.

5 members like this post: captrat, Charles Nungester, kcarm92, sjracer26, tirespinner
9/24/17, 7:29 PM   #48
Backitin

Some of you guys that are so worried about car counts should maybe get a car, there would be so many cars that two day event that was mentioned would be reality.

3 members like this post: dshort36, fish, tirespinner
9/24/17, 7:36 PM   #49
Buster51

Alot of guys that have cars have a job. Dont own there own there own busines hard to get to a race track on Friday night.

3 members like this post: PIT CART, sjracer26, tirespinner
9/25/17, 9:30 AM   #50
sjracer26

Race Count Last Year: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster51 View Post
Alot of guys that have cars have a job. Dont own there own there own busines hard to get to a race track on Friday night.
This is the issue for me. I am very fortunate with my job and have a decently flexible schedule, but even with that there were plenty of Fridays this year that I was just not able to make because of work. But the rain cancelled most of those anyway.

I was fortunate this last Friday to get there and pick up a win in the second feature. The track was bad fast, but I think the track was prepped that way because the last race we ran there was rubber down and everyone complained. (Rightfully so in my opinion). But the track over watered it and it was a bit much. I prefer a tacky track though so I'm not complaining. Just a shame so many cars got tore up and especially that Rod got injured. I would agree with one of the comments above that not everyone knows how to handle a flat out tacky track. Fortunately I had a lot of laps on tracks like that back in my California racing days. But these Indiana tracks rarely hold moisture.

-Alfred Galedrige

4 members like this post: Bill May, i love dirt track racing, sp33dy, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway