IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Hoosier All 4 Rule
3/20/16, 3:25 PM   #31
Re: New Hoosier All 4 Rule
Backitin

The best rule book when you open it up says there are no rules.
Except for keeping the cars looking traditional and safety aspects.
Now I'm talking nonwing sprintcars. I don't give a crap about anything else.
That's what I miss the most about the early modified days, there was no rule book. We ran on used tires and parts, its amazing what well off folks consider used up.
That being said inless your a car owner or buy tires for one, I'd just not worry about the details and enjoy what you have. Say Kokomo decided to have a tire rule, would you still boycott the best racing going ?
Makes no sense to me.

3/20/16, 4:28 PM   #32
BrentTFunk

JT, I have question. Do you get a deal on American Racer tires or do they cost the same for you and you just prefer them? When racers get a discount on tires, other racers pay for them.

3/20/16, 4:30 PM   #33
btownracer

Here is the thing about a tire rule. From the stands you cannot tell the difference from a race with one to one without. The people affected are the teams putting on the show. We take the brunt of the deals and let me tell you it has not helped at all.

3/20/16, 6:27 PM   #34
trecraft

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 14

Not going to complain. Lived with a right rear spec tire back in the 1990's. Don't like it but lived with it then and can now. But as soon as they say left rear or all four, ain't gonna complain. Gonna retire.

3/20/16, 6:47 PM   #35
btownracer

I have no deal with anyone and can tell you this screws the racers

3/20/16, 9:03 PM   #36
Will Shunk

As of today's website Waynesfield has the following tire rules. Welcome to WRP and only a RR Hoosier.
WAYNESFIELD RACEWAY PARK
2016 Non Wing Rules
The following specifications prepared by Waynesfield Raceway Park are guidelines for a NonWing (traditional) Sprint Car entry. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from publication of, or compliance with these rules. They are intended as a guide and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to participants, spectators, or others.
These specifications are for the 2016 Racing Season at Waynesfield Raceway Park. Management reserves the right to change them at any time.
I. TIRES: A. Right Rear tire must be a Hoosier Medium 105-16.
B. During sanctioned events (i.e. BOSS, MTS) teams will be permitted to run the sanctioning tire rules.
C. Tires may be grooved and siped as needed.

4 members like this post: DirtHawk92, Graham08, trecraft, treecitytornado
3/20/16, 9:07 PM   #37
flatout

Quote:
Originally Posted by trecraft View Post
Almost seems like a monopoly? Monopoly. Exclusive control by one group of the means of producing or selling a commodity or service. Quack, quack, quack, quack.
Winner, winner......chicken dinner. Only two groups that this deal works for and that doesn't include the nut behind the wheel. If they really wanted to control cost tire wise have a spec hardness rule that could be checked with a duramator and let the racers have a say in what goes on their car.

1 member likes this post: trecraft
3/20/16, 9:47 PM   #38
MKTQ17

I agree with JT and Don. Its going to take all the owners to make a stand!! Maybe its just me but its pretty obvious where the money comes from to give to the tracks, from the owners and drivers. Taking different options away does not create a competitive environment. If the tracks would have negotiated a set price that was competitive then they could possibly say they are helping us. It doesnt matter what tire you choose to run or for what reason. Im not saying one tire is better than the other let the racers and owners decide what is best. The amount of money in the point fund will not offset the difference in cost for us. Secondly, what if your not chasing points. I would wven be fine with you were not eligible for point money unless you ran hoosiers if they are giving money. If american racer can build a RR tire and sell it for 175. Im positive hoosier could to if they weren't giving the tracks thousands of dollars. I will support the open tire rule tracks also. I hate to say that since I live 6 miles from Bloomington. I will also support Montpeiler in the midget as they have an open tire rule there. Just as it seems to be a money thing for the tracks its a money thing for me as well.

Michael Koontz

3/20/16, 10:19 PM   #39
hairracer44

Well I'm not surprised and will continue to support Keith and Paragon Speedway and as much as it sucks will not be running any of the tracks that support this deal of Hoosier bullying racers into buying their tires and USAC bullying tracks into going along with this by holding Sprint Week and Midget Week shows over the track owners and promoters heads. The key is that all the racers that are saying they will not run and support this deal have to stick to your word. I love racing but I don't see where this deal helps me as a driver owner in any way. Hoosier Tires cost more than American Racers and if they were competitively priced it may be a different story. The reason this happened is more and more guys were running American Racers on the other 3 corners and instead of making a better and price comparative tire Hoosier and USAC just broke it off in all of the track owners and racers. Looks like the tracks with open tire rules will get my pit pass money and I'm sure my brothers as well. Trust me I will stick to my word even if it means parking the car! Sad to see this happening....

David Hair
Last edited by hairracer44; 3/20/16 at 10:20 PM.

3/20/16, 11:04 PM   #40
Bad Dad 54

Was at a race last yr & a driver won a race w/ an American Racer tire, it was the 2nd race on the tire & it still looked good, owner said he was gonna use it again at another race. Another racer said if only Hoosiers lasted like that. This was the 2nd race this car had won on the same tire, do Hoosiers last like that?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Hoosier All 4 Rule