7/28/14, 1:12 PM   #41
on_the_edge

RIP Bill...

7/28/14, 1:12 PM   #42
Re: bill gardner up date
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I've known for a few years he was beyond curing, in fact he told us so, several times. But Bill battled as long as he could, Hung on for family and friends and even continued to contribute whenever and wherever he could to the racing community.

My deepest thoughts and prayers to Bills Family and friends and I ask GOD's blessing come over them and he be given a house in the Kingdom of Heaven. He touched so many and a example of how to deal with adversity, you'd never find a better one.

Im sure God's got a new Angel and for Bill there will be no more suffering. It is US who suffer of his loss.

TYVM BILL, I only met you a couple times But Thank you for the conversation, fun and friendships you've helped create with this site, Thank you for being a friend to racing.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/28/14 at 1:14 PM.

7/28/14, 1:14 PM   #43
DAD

R.I.P. Bill.

You built a great asset for open wheel racers all over the world. I am sure that the Indiana Open Wheel will continue to be your legacy for us who love open wheel racing as much as you did.

Although our only encounters were through your PM's sent to me letting me know when I had stepped out of bounds a tad I could tell through them that you were indeed a class act and that you cared a great deal about the IOW and your many friends on the web site.

My prayers are for your loved ones and family you have left behind, may you find peace and comfort.

Bill Jones
Last edited by DAD; 7/28/14 at 1:15 PM.

2 members like this post: IndyBound, OTSNWR
7/28/14, 1:14 PM   #44
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Rest in peace Bill. My prayers to the family.

7/28/14, 1:18 PM   #45
WRP

RIP Bill.

7/28/14, 1:21 PM   #46
jjsprt92

RIP Bill

7/28/14, 1:22 PM   #47
dirt_trackgurl006

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 41

Wow..this was not what I or anyone else wanted to hear this morning..My thoughts and prayers go out to Bills family and friends. Bill seemed like a nice man. I never had the chance to actuay meet him in person, however i have gotten to talk to him online. (Even though its not the same) Bill will be greatly missed by family, friends and all of us here on IOW!!
RIP BILL
Kasi

7/28/14, 1:25 PM   #48
FishBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
We've lost a good man, a super race fan and a quality human being who showed us how to fight against the odds.

But we can take comfort somewhat in knowing that his suffering is over. We pray that he's in a better place, maybe even doing some bench racing with those who have gone before him.

Our prayers are directed toward Bill's wife and the rest of his family. May they find comfort in their sorrow.

Brian Hayden, often I stop by and say hello, but didn't on Saturday before the rains came. Maybe I was afraid of what you would tell me. You, sir, was what a good friend should be for Bill.

Godspeed, Bill. What a friend you have been. What an inspiration you will be for those of us still here.

Danny Burton
I couldn't say what I feel any better than what my friend Danny has written above. I met Bill for the first time at Eldora a number of years ago. He had wrenched a great car that day and Brian was driving the wheels off the 2H and led much of the feature. Enjoyed several get togethers with him since though they were too brief and far too few. He has been an inspiration to me and one of the best friends I've had in racing. I'm glad I had an opportunity to tell him that. R.I.P. Racer......I can't be too far behind. Save me a seat when you hear I'm coming.

7/28/14, 1:30 PM   #49
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Even though we all knew this outcome was inevitable, it doesn't make it any easier when the moment finally arrives. We are all in Bill's debt for all that he has done to bring racers and fans together. I will long remember him. Thoughts and prayers to the family. RIP, Bill!

7/28/14, 1:34 PM   #50
chadmrl
Inactive Member

RIP Bill. You will be missed by many!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > bill gardner up date