IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Klash Postponed. Till Oct 20th
10/13/23, 1:50 PM   #1
Klash Postponed. Till Oct 20th
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Kokomo Speedway
otdesSornpi7234c2i625u18fmt1a6mfa033c01510l0hh3ugc cc7957fgf3 ·
🚨Klash Schedule Updates🚨
Tonight's event is postponed to Friday October 20th
This is based on growing confidence from multiple weather sources that rain will be starting near 7pm this evening.
With the continued questionable forecast & expected overnight rains continuing into the morning. Saturday's event will be moved to this Sunday's raindate (10/15). Event times will be adjusted to an earlier start time as well.
An additional post will be made later on all the Sunday time

6 members like this post: Blackduce, Eatin Dirt, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, mc/rider, Will Shunk
10/13/23, 1:57 PM   #2
PIT CART

Probably the best call🏁
Well done Kokomo

10/13/23, 2:34 PM   #3
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Interesting...Charles's post says Friday October 20th, in which to his defense he probably copy and pasted something from Kokomo Speedway social media...Kokomo Speedway website says Saturday October 21st. Big difference, considering Gas City runs the Fall Harvest of Speed on October 21st and Montpelier runs a nice stock car show on Saturday October 21st as well.
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 10/13/23 at 3:44 PM.

10/13/23, 3:10 PM   #4
Re: Klash Postponed. Till Oct 20th
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

yes it is copied from a Kokomo Facebook post. Figure it out, plan accordingly. I just tried to alert anyone heading out the door that it would be a wasted trip.

Wish we had cell phones and net when I traveled so much back in the 80s-90s It was my luck to drive 150 miles to see haulers going the opposite direction. due to cancellation. Whitewater and Eldora mostly.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 10/13/23 at 3:12 PM.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, Hubie48, mc/rider, PIT CART
10/13/23, 4:10 PM   #5
PIT CART

Pretty sad when someone copies and paste from the tracks facebook page and still gets called out.

10/13/23, 4:34 PM   #6
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
Pretty sad when someone copies and paste from the tracks facebook page and still gets called out.
Well I dont see where anyone posted anything except yourself, myself, and Charles so clearly your talking to me and assuming I'm calling out Charles? With that said, I never called Charles out on anything in my post did I? In fact quite opposite, I said to his defense. What I said is there is a discrepancy in the schedule. One internet source says the 20th, another internet source says the 21st. That's obviously a discrepancy.

I pointed what I pointed out for people who dont do Facebook including myself and others on here that there is a discrepancy. Also hoping my friends, The O'Connor Family can fix the issue quickly as that could heavily impact their business, sales, and fans, someone who can make one day but not the other. I cant make it either day bc I'm involved in a wedding all next weekend so obviously it doesnt matter to me personally does it PitCart???

I said what I said for fans trying to attend that race regardless which day it ends up being and for my friends The O'Connor Family bc I wouldnt want them to lose business, sales, and fans based off of what likely is going to be a typo on one end or the other.

Signed Mr. Callout to PitCart
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 10/13/23 at 9:20 PM.

10/13/23, 4:58 PM   #7
kb78

I had this race on my calendar but backed out when I saw the rain forecast, it is a 2 1/2 hour drive for me. I have Gas City on the slate for next weekend so I will probably wait and see when the raindate gets figured out to plan the weekend. Not many dates left around here.

2 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, tirespinner
10/13/23, 5:06 PM   #8
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb78 View Post
I had this race on my calendar but backed out when I saw the rain forecast, it is a 2 1/2 hour drive for me. I have Gas City on the slate for next weekend so I will probably wait and see when the raindate gets figured out to plan the weekend. Not many dates left around here.
If everything lines out the way Facebook says its supposed to and Kokomo ends up being the 20th and GC the 21st, I hope you can squeeze them both in. The Legend, The People's Champ, DoubleD, last scheduled race was supposed to be tonight and hopefully would be continued to the 20th for fans to get to see him run one last time. It's a shame I'm gonna miss it regardless which day it is, being in and around the Darland family for all 41 years of my life and sponsoring from time to time, but a wedding that was planned around tonight and tomorrow over a year ago for next weekend is the priority for me. Enjoy your racing wherever you go!!

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
10/13/23, 5:56 PM   #9
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post
If everything lines out the way Facebook says its supposed to and Kokomo ends up being the 20th and GC the 21st, I hope you can squeeze them both in. The Legend, The People's Champ, DoubleD, last scheduled race was supposed to be tonight and hopefully would be continued to the 20th for fans to get to see him run one last time. It's a shame I'm gonna miss it regardless which day it is, being in and around the Darland family for all 41 years of my life and sponsoring from time to time, but a wedding that was planned around tonight and tomorrow over a year ago for next weekend is the priority for me. Enjoy your racing wherever you go!!
Have the wedding party change the venue to Kokomo. Goodnight got married there and it seems to have stuck
Last edited by mc/rider; 10/13/23 at 9:25 PM.

10/13/23, 7:49 PM   #10
badcoupe

Wonder how many went to brownstown funfest since klash canceled, they run full sprint show Friday nights and it’s usually entertaining, first year I haven’t went in ages, was always my vacation time for myself, a party with some racing.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Klash Postponed. Till Oct 20th