IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A Tip Of The Hat To Drake York
7/15/23, 10:24 AM   #1
A Tip Of The Hat To Drake York
The Old Coyote

He has always done an excellent job reporting from the pit and track. He really knows the technical side of the cars and tracks and can communicate it clearly and effectively.
Last night he did and a splendid job announcing. This young man is a jewel and has a bright future.

7/15/23, 10:33 AM   #2
Re: A Tip Of The Hat To Drake York
Jerry Shaw

He definitely held down the fort admirably, in my opinion. He has no problem thinking and talking on-the-fly, as the racing action ratchets up into the chaos we all love to see. And that's ability that not every race announcer has an abundance of.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

7/15/23, 10:53 AM   #3
The Old Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
He definitely held down the fort admirably, in my opinion. He has no problem thinking and talking on-the-fly, as the racing action ratchets up into the chaos we all love to see. And that's ability that not every race announcer has an abundance of.

Jerry
Yeah, I think of the guy out at Ventura who just shouts out the drivers names with virtually no context. I believe he is the promoter, and track prep guy and probably sells hot dogs to! I appreciate what he has done to keep Ventura alive, but I do wish he would hire and announcer! Scott Delaiso comes to mind.

7/15/23, 11:46 AM   #4
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Coyote View Post
Yeah, I think of the guy out at Ventura who just shouts out the drivers names with virtually no context. I believe he is the promoter, and track prep guy and probably sells hot dogs to! I appreciate what he has done to keep Ventura alive, but I do wish he would hire and announcer! Scott Delaiso comes to mind.
Agreed. Deloisio is my favorite announcer. Followed by Chet. Blake Anderson is really good, too.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

3 members like this post: cmakin, ISF, mtek56
7/15/23, 1:58 PM   #5
azsprintfan1

Yeah Jim Naylor out at Ventura is a great guy. He does a phenomenal job with the racetrack and promoting. He's the worst announcer in the history of announcers. 🤣
And totally agree with you about Drake. He really has matured and is a tremendous asset to USAC. Check out his podcast. It's called "non wing worldwide" #imissmanzy

6 members like this post: captrat, Grocery Guy, oppweld, racinrich, tirespinner, TNRustler
7/15/23, 8:56 PM   #6
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Didn’t get to listen last night, but have to say very impressed with Drake tonight. Kid has a bright future. He knows his cars and drivers and can react accordingly to action on the track.

7/15/23, 9:27 PM   #7
Rpracing1

Yes , hat tip to Drake!

7/16/23, 12:16 PM   #8
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

His "one to watch" never turns out well LoL.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

7/17/23, 1:29 PM   #9
BrentTFunk

I spent quite a bit of time at the Speedway in May. Drake did very good on the mic there too.

4 members like this post: Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing, jonboat15, tirespinner
7/17/23, 9:30 PM   #10
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Agree with everyone. Drake is a rising star in the racing announcer industry. He really proved himself this past weekend taking the lead announcer role. Nice job Drake!

On the same topic, kudos to Kristy Bemmes, too. She seems to know the perfect questions to ask in her heat race and feature interviews. Drake and Kristy are two great young announcers that USAC and FLO are fortunate to have. And us as listeners!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A Tip Of The Hat To Drake York