IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
miledirt (Online)
  #1 2/9/19 11:22 AM
Always looked forward to the ARCA race at Daytona if we had a dirt / open wheel guy in the mix. Have I missed it, but don't see anyone this year?
arctic monkey21 (Offline)
  #2 2/9/19 11:31 AM
Tyler Dippel is in the Schrader car. I believe he drove big block modifieds. Travis Braden is driving for the Fikes. Logan Seavey is down there but racing super late models at New Smyrna. You can see those races on fanschoice.tv for free if you create an account.
davidm (Offline)
  #3 2/9/19 2:06 PM
Originally Posted by arctic monkey21:
Tyler Dippel is in the Schrader car. I believe he drove big block modifieds. Travis Braden is driving for the Fikes. Logan Seavey is down there but racing super late models at New Smyrna. You can see those races on fanschoice.tv for free if you create an account.
Tyler raced Big Blocks as did Bobby Gerhart.

Tyler at the Grove in 2016

2 Likes: jim goerge, luckybuc97
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #4 2/9/19 11:07 PM
Kids with $$$ backing in plastic cars with spec engines. Now NASCAR is taking it over.

Adios Keselowski, the Venturinis, Strait, Schacht, the Bowshers, Churchill, Smith, the Dotters, the Kimmels, Katona, Parsons, Blackstock, Hylton, Bradberry, and everyone else I may have missed. Including Jerry Glanville.

My favorite ARCA memory of all time was back at Flat Rock Speedway, circa late 90s, when Helen Glanville, Jerry's mother, gave the command to start engines.

"Gentlemen...... and my son.... START YOUR ENGINES!"

But now, as quoting B.B. King.... "The thrill is gone..."

Elvis has left the building.
11 Likes: 3R, Big Mike 7, bigq11, EBookerFan, jdull99, jim goerge, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, nathans1012, racenut69, TNRustler
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #5 2/9/19 11:12 PM
...and Tim Steele.

My wife made me type this.
4 Likes: 3R, jdull99, jim goerge, nathans1012
REH24 (Offline)
  #6 2/10/19 12:36 AM
I always enjoyed seeing locals drivers run Daytona in the ARCA race like Ralph Latham, Bruce Gould, Chuck McWilliams, and etc who also would win. It was a time for small time drivers and owners to hit the big time which wouldn't otherwise. Now it's just a minor league for NASCAR or testing grounds for the larger team owners.

"Don't let your life determine your attitude, let your attitude determine your life"

“Sight has to do with what we can see, but vision has to do with what we can be.”
4 Likes: chrismattlin, luckybuc97, Speedwrench, wallbanger II
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #7 2/10/19 1:16 PM
Joe Gaff Jr., believe he raced a modified at Volusia the night before.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #8 2/10/19 2:39 PM
Anyone remember ARCA midgets? It really wasn't all that long ago.
6 Likes: jdull99, jim goerge, Racer12, Speedwrench, Stevensville Mike, team3521
Speedwrench (Offline)
  #9 2/11/19 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike:
Kids with $$$ backing in plastic cars with spec engines. Now NASCAR is taking it over.

Adios Keselowski, the Venturinis, Strait, Schacht, the Bowshers, Churchill, Smith, the Dotters, the Kimmels, Katona, Parsons, Blackstock, Hylton, Bradberry, and everyone else I may have missed. Including Jerry Glanville.

My favorite ARCA memory of all time was back at Flat Rock Speedway, circa late 90s, when Helen Glanville, Jerry's mother, gave the command to start engines.

"Gentlemen...... and my son.... START YOUR ENGINES!"

But now, as quoting B.B. King.... "The thrill is gone..."

Elvis has left the building.
Might add Ramo Stott, Dave Dayton, and Ernie Derr to the adios list.
2 Likes: jim goerge, luckybuc97
jdull99 (Offline)
  #10 2/12/19 2:16 AM
Amazing it has sustained itself this long...xfinity, trucks, arca and K&N...smthn is gona have to give, eventually, I'd think (nascar has some combined deal with K&n & arca this year, but idk if its gona gain a lot of traction...they would have to be on the same car at some point...Gibbs already got in trouble for that actually! lol). But at least 3 of them series still run dirt! lol

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)