IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway - Season Opener - Rescheduled
4/4/14, 11:39 AM   #11
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway - Season Opener - Rescheduled
LPS Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattmac05 View Post
What time will the test n tune be? Thanks
Test and Tune will be 5-9pm.

4/4/14, 1:45 PM   #12
herbie42

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 45

If the Burg gets there show in tomorrow there's absolutely no reason why putnamville couldn't have gotten the race in. Show a little effort disappointing.

4/4/14, 2:07 PM   #13
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie42 View Post
If the Burg gets there show in tomorrow there's absolutely no reason why putnamville couldn't have gotten the race in. Show a little effort disappointing.
Absolutely no reason???????????? First of all you have no clue as to how much rain either speedway received. You also are trying to compare apples to oranges. Each speedway has a different make up and it many times has nothing to do with the track surface itself.

Have you taken the time to drive to each facility to see exactly the issues they are facing? I would think not. What is your qualifications for running a race track? Do you have any idea of what it takes to promote a speedway? Have you contacted either speedway and offered your services to help them get ready for race day?

There are still a number of tracks for sale and I am sure that with your attitude of getting it done or else, you would be a prime candidate to buy one of these facilities and run it. Since Lincoln Park has cancelled do you plan on going to Lawrenceburg to support their show since they plan on running?

I will wait for you answers to make a final judgement.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4/4/14, 2:10 PM   #14
racefan20

Took the words right outta my mouth Mike

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4/4/14, 2:14 PM   #15
kcarm92

like them pulling the plug they had pratice on tuesday and its rained every day since they wasnt able to do any track prep so now when they could would probaly be sat am if lucky so would have been rough so either way sombody is going to ***** about it so just live with it and go on or like other post lease a track and become a promotor jmo

6 members like this post: agar, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, cwfan08, jim goerge, Milly
4/4/14, 2:29 PM   #16
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Mike, I don't need wrong answers... I've already cast my final judgement.

4/4/14, 3:10 PM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie42 View Post
This is the most ridiculous post I've ever read on here.
PVille has hillsides that drain into the track area, Turns 1-2 probably have about four feet of water in them. They might be able to get it drained out but getting the track packed in to where its not completely ruts would be nearly impossible. I remember they ran this race off two or three years ago and like five cars finished the track was so rough.
Nevermind that the quarry road washes out the pit lane and the pits are probably soft as heck.

Dozens of tracks have already called saturday. Burg and Pville are two completely different tracks, One is high banked with built in drainage and pumps. The other is built into two hillsides and Spiker spent a ton in drainage but i still wouldn't expect it to overcome the monsoons we've had.

Really, A Apology would be nice because them people have been top notch trying to get shows in and treating people well.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/4/14 at 3:11 PM.

4/4/14, 3:15 PM   #18
Ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Absolutely no reason???????????? First of all you have no clue as to how much rain either speedway received. You also are trying to compare apples to oranges. Each speedway has a different make up and it many times has nothing to do with the track surface itself.

Have you taken the time to drive to each facility to see exactly the issues they are facing? I would think not. What is your qualifications for running a race track? Do you have any idea of what it takes to promote a speedway? Have you contacted either speedway and offered your services to help them get ready for race day?

There are still a number of tracks for sale and I am sure that with your attitude of getting it done or else, you would be a prime candidate to buy one of these facilities and run it. Since Lincoln Park has cancelled do you plan on going to Lawrenceburg to support their show since they plan on running?

Best post I've read in a long time.

4/4/14, 3:31 PM   #19
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post

Somebody needs a nap,or maybe a race

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
4/4/14, 3:39 PM   #20
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
Somebody needs a nap,or maybe a race
Absolutely correct Aero. Since there is no racing, I'm heading in to take my afternoon nap.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4 members like this post: AERO410SCJA, BrentTFunk, Danny Burton, dirt330
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway - Season Opener - Rescheduled