Register! Forgot Password?
Scott Daloisio (Offline)
  #1 9/29/15 5:40 PM
Perris Auto Speedway

18700 Lake Perris Drive

Perris, CA 92571

(951) 940-0134

http://perrisautospeedway.com/

For further information contact Scott Daloisio (909) 226-7768 or mailto:racesatthepas@aol.com

For Immediate Release

WILLIAMS BROTHERS, HINES, BOESPFLUG AND SHORT ENTER OVAL NATIONALS!

(Perris, CA, September 29, 2015) With the historic 20th Annual Budweiser Oval Nationals Presented by All Coast Construction at Perris Auto Speedway on November 12th, 13th and 14th only six-week away, entries continue to come in for the race. The latest group of entries features 3-time winner Dave Darland, all three of 1997 Ovals winner Rip Williams sons, Indiana’s Tracy Hines, Chad Boespflug & Brady Short and USAC/CRA regulars Chris Gansen and Tommy “Thunder” Malcolm. More than 50 of the nation’s top sprint car drivers are expected to vie for the event record purse of more than $120,000.00.

Darland is one of two drivers to have won the Oval Nationals three-times. The popular Lincoln, Indiana resident won the race in 2006, 2007 and 2013. A few weeks after his triumph in 2013, he came back to The PAS and won the Turkey Night Grand Prix. That win on Thanksgiving made him only third driver in history (Mel Kenyon and Stan Fox being the others) to have won the Turkey Night Grand Prix on both dirt and pavement. This year in the Amsoil USAC National Sprint Car Series, Darland has won four main events in four different states (Florida, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Indiana). He is currently ranked third in the championship standings, only 35-points out of first place.

The Williams brothers, Cody, Austin and Logan, carry on the family Oval Nationals legacy established by their National Sprint Car Hall of Fame father Rip, who won over 100-main events thus far in his career. Austin, the middle brother, who resides in Yorba Linda, is currently fourth in USAC/CRA points. Cody, the eldest of the trio, lives in Corona and sits eighth in USAC/CRA standings. Logan, the 2014 USAC/CRA Rookie of the Year, who also makes his home in Yorba Linda, is ranked ninth in the championship standings.

For Wilkinson, Indiana’s Hines, it may be his last chance at winning the Oval Nationals. Earlier this month he announced that 2015 will be his last season as a full-time driver. The 2000 USAC Silver Crown champion and 2002 Amsoil USAC National Sprint Car champion will be leaving the driver’s seat full-time in 2016 for the position of Competition Director for ThorSport Racing in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series. Hines is currently ranked ninth in USAC National Sprint Car points. With two races to go, he leads the Honda USAC National Midget standings and will try to lock up that championship at The PAS on Thanksgiving night at the 75th running of the Turkey Night Grand Prix.

Boespflug, a native of Hanford, California who now resides in Plainfield, Indiana, will be driving one of two cars entered by Southern California’s Dwight Cheney. Affectionately known as the “Hanford Hornet” to his fans, Boespflug is currently ranked 12th in USAC National Sprint Car points and finished second overall in the championship chase at Indiana’s Lincoln Park Speedway in 2015. The slender driver who left California and moved to Indiana just months after graduating high-school to pursue a career in racing, drove the Cheney car to an eighth-place finish at the Salute to Indy at The PAS on May 23rd.

Joining Boespflug on the Cheney team will be the Bedford, Indiana’s Brady Short. The 31-year-old recently pocketed $10,000.00 by winning the “Haubstaudt Hustler” USAC National Series race at Indiana’s Tri-State Speedway. With one race to go in the 2015 Midwest Sprint Car Series championship standings, Short has already sewed up the championship. In addition, earlier this year Short brought home his third championship in the “King of Indiana Sprint Car Series.”

Rounding out the list of new entries is the local duo of Gansen of Verdemont Heights and Malcolm of Corona. Contesting his second full season in the USAC/CRA Series after recovering from a serious neck injury sustained in a midget crash, Gansen is currently 13th in points. Malcolm, who began his racing career in a street stock at The PAS when he was just 14-years-old, is in his rookie season in sprint cars. The former late model star, who confines most of his racing to The PAS, is 17th in points and has a season best sixth place finish at Santa Maria on July 3rd.

2 Austin Williams Yorba Linda, CA John Jory

04 Mike Collins Lake Forest, CA Mike Collins

4 Damion Gardner Concord, CA Mark Alexander

4D TBA Gansen Engineering

4G Chris Gansen Verdemont Heights, CA Gansen Engineering

4X Tracy Hines Wilkinson, IN Tracy Hines Racing

5 Justin Grant Ione, CA Baldwin Brothers

5 Logan Williams Yorba Linda, CA John Jory

5X Tom Malcolm Corona, CA Dino Napier

17 Danny Faria Jr. Tipton, CA Danny Faria Jr.

17RW Kevin Thomas Jr. Cullman, AL Michael Dutcher Racing

21 A.J. Bender San Marcos, CA Rich Bender

42 Brady Short Mitchell, IN Dwight Cheney

42X Chad Boespflug Hanford, CA Dwight Cheney

44 Cody Williams Corona, CA John Jory

56 Ryan Bernal Hollister, CA Michael Phulps

64 Parker Colston Lake Elsinore, CA Paul Colston/Richard Gore

71P Dave Darland Lincoln, IN Phillips Motorsports

81 Jon Stanbrough Brownsburg, IN Jon Stanbrough

92 Jake Swanson Anaheim, CA Tom & Lauri Sertich

92M TBA Tom & Lauri Sertich

First place will pay $25,000.00 at the Saturday finale of the Oval Nationals and $1,000.00 to start. The two preliminary nights, Thursday and Friday, will each pay $5,000.00 to win and $500.00 to start. All three nights of intense racing action will be full-points paying races for the USAC National and USAC/CRA Sprint Car Series.’

Teams wishing to enter the historic running of the 20th Annual Budweiser Oval Nationals Presented by All Coast Construction can download the entry blank at the following link: http://perrisautospeedway.com/forms/15ovalform.html

Advanced tickets for the Oval Nationals are on sale now at: http://pas.tix.com/Schedule.aspx?OrgNum=7

Camping on the Lake Perris Fairgrounds will be available for the Oval Nationals for $25.00 per night beginning on Wednesday, November 11th. Tailgating is encouraged in the spectator parking lot as well.

Perris Auto Speedway wants to thank its corporate sponsors for the 2015 season. AA Lynco Painting, All Coast Construction, All Seasons Tree Repair, Amsoil, Archibald’s Restaurants, Ayers Hotel and Spa, BlueLine Rentals, Budweiser, California Budget Finance, CamGuard, Champion Towing, City of Perris, Perris Com Ecco, Daytona Boat & RV Storage, Drop Zone, Edelbrock, Engine Pro, Harry’s Café, HD Industries, Hoosier Tires, Horizon Solar, K&N Engineering, Livingwaters Hospice, Luke’s Transmission, Moon Nursery, Paul Oil Company, Pepsi-Cola, Pick-A-Part Auto Salvage, Pizza Factory, Red Lion Inns and Suites, Robert Dempster, Scott Sales, Shaver Racing Engines, Sherwin-Williams, Stassines Cross, Square H, Swedish Speed, Trench Shoring, US Foods and Valley News.

To keep up with all of the latest Perris Auto Speedway news, photos, gossip and receive special offers, sign up at The PAS Facebook site at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Perri...8686480?ref=hl

You can also keep up with the latest news and receive special offers from The PAS Twitter site: Perris Auto Speedway on Twitter.

Video and DVD productions of all racing events at Perris Auto Speedway are available from Loudpedal Productions. For more information on these productions you can contact them by calling (805) 844-3854, E-mailing mailto:trtruex@gmail.com or you can visit the web site LoudPedal Productions

Perris Auto Speedway is located on the Lake Perris Fairgrounds (home of October’s Southern California Fair), approximately one hour east of Los Angeles and one hour North of San Diego. To get to the track, take the 215 freeway, exit on the Ramona Expressway and go three miles east to the fairgrounds.
racesatthepas@aol.com is the only authorized Internet address to issue official media news released from The Perris Auto Speedway or Oval Entertainment.

2015 PERRIS AUTO SPEEDWAY SCHEDULE

August 29 PASSCAR Series - Street Stocks, Super Stocks, Factory Stocks, IMCA Modifieds

October 3-11 Southern California Fair

October 3 MONSTER TRUCKS - 1:30 & 7:30

October 4 MONSTER TRUCKS - 1:30 & 7:30

October 5 Freestyle Motorcycles - 7:30

October 6 Flat Track Motorcycles - 6:00

October 10 Democross & Spectator Races 1:30, PASSCAR Street Stocks, Democross & Spectator Races 7:30

October 11 Demolition Derbies 1:30 & 7:30

October 24 PASSCAR Series - Street Stocks, Super Stocks, Factory Stocks, IMCA Modifieds, CDCRA Dwarf Cars

November 7 PASSCAR CAMPIONS NIGHT PASSCAR Series - Street Stocks, Super Stocks, Factory Stocks, IMCA Modifieds

November 11 Oval National Practice

November 12 20th Annual Budweiser Oval Nationals USAC National & CRA Sprint Cars

November 13 20th Annual Budweiser Oval Nationals USAC National & CRA Sprint Cars

November 14 20th Annual Budweiser Oval Nationals USAC National & CRA Sprint Cars

November 25 Turkey Night Grand Prix Practice

November 26 Agajanian Enterprises and Oval Entertainment, LLC Present the 75th Running of the Turkey Night Grand Prix USAS National and Western Midgets

SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
6 Likes: AustinSprinter, Danny Burton, dshort36, i love dirt track racing, jerrydt, rachasin
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #2 9/29/15 10:49 PM
Scott, I'd love to get out there at least one more time before I take my own checkered flag. Pretty neat to write a Hoosier Race Report from a motel in beautiful Moreno Valley, CA.

P.S. I'll try not to bring any rain like last time (2011).

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
Scott Daloisio (Offline)
  #3 9/30/15 1:56 PM
Originally Posted by Danny Burton:
Scott, I'd love to get out there at least one more time before I take my own checkered flag. Pretty neat to write a Hoosier Race Report from a motel in beautiful Moreno Valley, CA.

P.S. I'll try not to bring any rain like last time (2011).
Come out early or stay late and bring some rain to add before or after the show. We need it!!!
Ty (Offline)
  #4 10/1/15 10:56 AM
This cannot come soon enough! Will be making my first trip to California Nov 12th-15th. Can't wait to see the PAS! Everybody in my neck of the woods is all excited about the National Open at the Grove this weekend. I'm over here like, bring on the Oval Nationals!!!