IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tri State
7/29/18, 1:39 AM   #21
IndianaSprintFan

I am not saying it’s wasnt a great racing surface. It just would have been better with no water before the feature. The feature wasn’t anywhere near as good as the heat races. Yes there was a pass for the lead but honestly that was about it. Bacon passes several and Leary, Schnaph (sp) passed a few but I think we could have had it better. I just wish they worked the track when it was needed not when their schedule told them to.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/29/18, 3:30 AM   #22
Re: Tri State
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

Congrats to DD, great race. Enjoy your next few days fishing!

6 members like this post: dirt330, jim goerge, racegal, rapid robert, Rpracing1, tirespinner
7/29/18, 10:37 AM   #23
ThePurple73

Dave Darland still the master in a competitive car. Last night was about the best surface I had ever seen at Haubstadt. They didn't need to re-water but it gives opportunity for those that need more refreshments to stock up.

3 members like this post: dirt330, racegal, tirespinner
7/29/18, 11:05 AM   #24
racenut69

Old Guyz Rule!.........DD!

7/29/18, 11:27 AM   #25
jim goerge

I"m not sure I understand about that race being boring. I guess A guy leading with second place on his bumper trying high then at next corner looking low is boring I don"t know what to say cuz I saw passing all though out the field.Plus someone thinks Tommy over watered the track, maybe they can buy one of the tracks for sale and start a prep school on prepping a dirt track I"m sure all the promoters will learn a bunch . I don"t seem to remember any dust flying around the whole night don"t think I can say that about any other track in the series
Last edited by jim goerge; 7/29/18 at 11:33 AM.

7/29/18, 12:22 PM   #26
racer5c

not one mention of Critter Malone winning the c, topping to avoid a spinning car in the B, starting last in the B and going for the last transfer spot on the last lap last corner but getting together with another car? if you didn't enjoy watching Critter pass a **** ton of cars last night you might want to go watch olympic curling or something

7/29/18, 2:06 PM   #27
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

When DD took the lead on lap 25 the roar of the fans could be heard in Indy

7/29/18, 2:40 PM   #28
btg1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer5c View Post
not one mention of Critter Malone winning the c, topping to avoid a spinning car in the B, starting last in the B and going for the last transfer spot on the last lap last corner but getting together with another car? if you didn't enjoy watching Critter pass a **** ton of cars last night you might want to go watch olympic curling or something
I always enjoy watching Critter Malone!!! He is always on the throttle at Tri-State!

6 members like this post: Blackduce, jim goerge, luckybuc97, PIT CART, ronmil, tirespinner
7/29/18, 3:59 PM   #29
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I totally get the "Total Rework before feature" thing. I think Tri State comes around a lot faster but I used to hate it when Gas City did it right before the feature. It was a freight train of qualifying with everyone waiting for someone to mess up to get a pass for 22 laps followed by 8 laps of racing., Many things can cause that one groove thing.

Tri State is it's own animal and unique. Most tracks change significantly over the course of a program, They put it back to new a couple times a night.

That being said, I seen a good race, I believe DD when he said he seen Clouser having success up there getting unlapped that he had to try it. Until then it seems they were all in the same line looking to duck under.

1 member likes this post: racegal
7/29/18, 4:28 PM   #30
openwheelfan1

Here is an interesting thing that happened in qualifying last night at Tri-State. Kevin Thomas Jr. went out 41st (out of 42 cars) and was fast qualifier. Chad Boespflug went out 14th and got second quick time. Chase Stockton went out 3rd and was 3rd quick. Justin Grant went out 30th and was 4th quick. My point? While it is not unheard of for a car late in the qualifying order to set quick time, it usually means the track is slimy, and the early qualifiers are handicapped. If the early qualifiers do well, it usually means those with a late number have little chance of doing well. It is pretty rare for a track to be prepared such that out of the top 4 qualifiers, one came from the first group of 10, the second group of 10, the 3rd group of 10 and the last group. About as fair and even as one could ask for.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tri State