IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Next USAC 1st time Winner?
6/21/18, 8:21 AM   #1
Next USAC 1st time Winner?
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Since its been established the same 3-4 cars win all the races (sarcasm), Who do you think it will be and where will it occur? My vote: Stephen Schnapf- Haubstadt.

3 members like this post: btg1963, jim goerge, Simon_says17
6/21/18, 8:25 AM   #2
Re: Next USAC 1st time Winner?
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Andretti is close to racing all 30 laps

5 members like this post: oldfan49, oppweld, Simon_says17, SPRINTCAR, tirespinner
6/21/18, 8:34 AM   #3
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
Andretti is close to racing all 30 laps
I could see him taking one at the Burg!

6/21/18, 8:58 AM   #4
Kingz

After watching Timmy B. at Eastern Storm it very well could be him. Very impressive.

4 members like this post: robert gatten, Simon_says17, SOROKACH35FAN, tirespinner
6/21/18, 9:02 AM   #5
btg1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppweld View Post
Since its been established the same 3-4 cars win all the races (sarcasm), Who do you think it will be and where will it occur? My vote: Stephen Schnapf- Haubstadt.
That would be an excellent guess!

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
6/21/18, 9:56 AM   #6
Nate

I wouldn't be surprised to see Logan Seavey sneak one in there. Ran really well at both Bloomington and Haubstadt back in April

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, mc/rider, oppweld
6/21/18, 9:59 AM   #7
btg1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Logan Seavey sneak one in there. Ran really well at both Bloomington and Haubstadt back in April
That is also an excellent pick!

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
6/21/18, 9:59 AM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Boyles? Sussex?

If it weren't for qualifying I know several who'd probably already have won. They race well, beat the big dogs at local shows but always end up starting in the back at USAC.

Not saying it's right or wrong, just they don't normally qualify much and they can't afford to wadd a car up trying. They have no backup. usually can't afford three sets of rear tires a night. (The reason I advocate qualifying against your heat only and letting finish dictate feature start position)

That being said, that was cool a couple years ago during sprint week with several first time winners.

At times it may be dominated by a few, But it's a exclusive club and probably the hardest to win in. I know guys who raced USAC for many many years and only got one or a couple or none at all wins.

Richie sometimes post the all time wins list and for 50+ years with probably a average 22 races a year. it's not a lot of different winners.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/21/18 at 10:04 AM.

1 member likes this post: Ken Bonnema
6/21/18, 10:31 AM   #9
quicktime3

That qualifying excuse is bad. Real bad.
It looks like the USAC regulars are winning the shows they run without qualifying, too. They just swept Midget Week shows, Ballou won Paragon, Stockon won Haubstadt, KTJ has won everything. Grant drops in at Lawrenceburg, wins.
I think the most realistic would be A.J. Hopkins. He’s good at Putnamville, which is probably the weakest track for a lot of USAC regulars.

2 members like this post: oppweld, wright59
6/21/18, 10:35 AM   #10
david mitchell
Banned

Excellent post Charles.No one around here that I can see but maybe Andretti.Buckwalter very impressive,but I don’t know if that was because he was familiar with those places.We will see when Sprintweek starts.That’s why USAC win is so difficult and impressive when done.It is a closed shop with the way program is run.

1 member likes this post: Big Game Hunter
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Next USAC 1st time Winner?