IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > sprint mania
10/8/17, 1:28 AM   #31
Re: sprint mania
Jerry Shaw

Whoever is doing updates on the WARSprints Twitter page is doing a very good job of it.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

5 members like this post: bmemmer, jim goerge, Kydehart, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
10/8/17, 1:31 AM   #32
illinifan

Race Count This Year: 10

Yellow two laps later sunshine miller Ballou and DD and simon

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
10/8/17, 1:50 AM   #33
Jerry Shaw

I made a 170 mile round trip this afternoon, even though I was looking at a radar that looked terrible, because I thought there might be a chance I would get to see a race. Now, I'm up at 2 am, watching my computer screen, as other people describe a race they're watching, on IOW and Twitter, hanging on the edge of my seat. No, I don't have a racing problem.

By all accounts, it sounds like these folks that went to Fairbury tonight, got more than their money's worth. That track's definitely on my list.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 10/8/17 at 2:00 AM.

10/8/17, 2:42 AM   #34
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

WAR Facebook says Ballou won.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, tirespinner
10/8/17, 8:55 AM   #35
chathamracefan

Ballou won. Courtney got caught up in heavy lapped traffic and flipped with 4 to go. Darland ended up 2nd. Joe B Miller 3rd and Landon Simon 4th. Both features were really good.

10/8/17, 10:14 AM   #36
ISF

Sunshine was in the process of a big slider in 1 & 2 and wheeled K.T. Jr. (KTJ was a lap car) and flipped. All this took place while Sunshine was leading in the later stages of the A-main.

This show was a superbly splendid night/early morning of dirt open wheel racing. As I've said many times here we live only 40 minutes from Fairbury and they just began to run open wheel divisions 2 years ago after a very long time of hosting nothing but fendered cars. I believe Fairbury has made some significant inroads into top quality open wheel racing. Given the high quality of the dirt open wheel competition at FALS and the nearly flawless track prep and great show management can USAC be in Fairbury's future?! I certainly hope so!! Double D and The Madman had glowing praise for the whole Fairbury experience in their podium interviews. Thanks to Fairbury for a very good final night of our 2017 outdoor racing season of spectating. Sadly enough, we're all done until Du Quoin in December.
Last edited by ISF; 10/8/17 at 10:17 AM.

10/8/17, 11:14 AM   #37
BrentTFunk

What time did it get done? How was the crowd at the end?

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
10/8/17, 11:50 AM   #38
mscs20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
What time did it get done? How was the crowd at the end?
War Sprint A main was over shortly before 1 am. Mod feature done by 1:30. 90% were still there!

10/8/17, 12:01 PM   #39
ISF

Most stayed for the two sprint car A-main's but it pretty much cleared out following the POWRi/WAR A-main. That's when we left.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Steve Wendel, tirespinner
10/8/17, 12:39 PM   #40
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

So for those that went to Fairbury; what's your overall impression of the racing and the facility?
We raced are Modifieds there most of the season. Just like to hear some Open Wheel folks thoughts.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > sprint mania