IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Biggest Helmet Possible...
4/13/17, 3:29 PM   #1
Biggest Helmet Possible...
Turboshamus

I am looking for help finding an SA2015 racing helmet that fits. I am sure there is something out there that will fit. I have ordered a handful of helmets and have had some help from the local race shop looking as well.

What I have ordered/tried on so far:
1. Pyrotect 2XL - Not even close
2. Zamp 3XL- About the same as pyrotect
3. G-Force 2XL - Closest Fit yet, still not correct.

The race shop says Bell makes a 4XL but they are consolidating plants and won't have new helmets available until sometime next year. I've looked all over the Summit website.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

1 member likes this post: motorhead748
4/13/17, 3:40 PM   #2
xoxide

If you can send me via pm your head measurement (right above your ears) I can find one that will fit you properly. I am a distributor for almost every major helmet company on the market

1 member likes this post: sprinter14
4/13/17, 8:31 PM   #3
Re: Biggest Helmet Possible...
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboshamus View Post
I am looking for help finding an SA2015 racing helmet that fits. I am sure there is something out there that will fit. I have ordered a handful of helmets and have had some help from the local race shop looking as well.

What I have ordered/tried on so far:
1. Pyrotect 2XL - Not even close
2. Zamp 3XL- About the same as pyrotect
3. G-Force 2XL - Closest Fit yet, still not correct.

The race shop says Bell makes a 4XL but they are consolidating plants and won't have new helmets available until sometime next year. I've looked all over the Summit website.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.
I have the same issue, I use to run what was called a "Bell Fathead", but they don't make it anymore and the company has changed hands a couple of times too. Let me know what you find.

4/14/17, 12:43 PM   #4
wideopen24

Contact Desire at Simpson Indy. They will custom tailor a helmet for you.

4/14/17, 10:43 PM   #5
mscs20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
I have the same issue, I use to run what was called a "Bell Fathead", but they don't make it anymore and the company has changed hands a couple of times too. Let me know what you find.
We still have the Fathead but it's simply called the M8....size 2XL (8), 3XL (8 1/4), and 4XL (81/2). Currently 9 backordered on the 4XL.

4/15/17, 9:46 AM   #6
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Thats great. I contacted the factory last year when I was looking and was told they no longer made it and offered no substitute.

4/17/17, 10:55 AM   #7
Turboshamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
If you can send me via pm your head measurement (right above your ears) I can find one that will fit you properly. I am a distributor for almost every major helmet company on the market
PM Sent. Thanks in advance!

11/25/17, 10:02 PM   #8
Turboshamus

Unintentional Bump.

The Bell Racing helmet website has changed and was giving updates on helmet availability. The 4XL Model M8 was suppose to be ready 10-1-2017 but they bumped it back to 1-1-2018. I am hoping to get a hold of 1 through my local race shop, possibly 2. Unless any of the vendors on here can get a hold of them.

I was hoping to let anyone else with a big dome the update if they are looking as well. Surely I am not the only bighead....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Biggest Helmet Possible...