IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #11 2/14/20 7:13 PM
Speaking of Indy Race Parts, does anyone know if they’re fielding cars this year? Last year with Gio and PPM they had a pretty good year, at least from a fans perspective. Obviously Parker is now involved in the Jason Johnson, Dietz deal this year and I think Toyota has Gio doing stuff that might limit his dirt racing. Anyone know more?
2 Likes: jabman66, tirespinner
BobbyJoe (Offline)
  #12 2/15/20 9:35 AM
I can't find official news from CMR or Sunshine's sites. I remember them talking about wing racing last year after the Nationals. But no sign of them in Florida other than the midgets.
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #13 2/15/20 11:28 AM
Wouldn't it be cool if he was secretly preparing to run an Indy Car for CMR?

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
jdull99 (Offline)
  #14 2/15/20 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by The Old Coyote:
Wouldn't it be cool if he was secretly preparing to run an Indy Car for CMR?
It would, but (sadly) idk if they'd him get a license without some sort of previous rear-engine experience...apparently NASCAR drivers are cleared, but I'm afraid no one can jump from SC&M's without "qualifying" thru some of the "road to indy" or a formula car in Europe...anymore...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
revjimk (Offline)
  #15 2/15/20 4:30 PM
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1:
Sunshine, KTJ and Brady Bacon all attempted the Knoxville Nationals in 2019. I don’t remember exact particulars, but on Saturday night, I think KTJ went out in the D main, Bacon in the C main and Sunshine made it to the B out of the C but was unable to transfer to the A. KTJ was in the #19 car, Bacon was in his #99, and I believe Courtney was in one of the Indy Race Parts #71 cars.
Thats the bummer... Sunshine has pretty much conquered wingless racing, but there's steep learning curve to go with wings, could take a long time (if ever) to reach the top....
revjimk (Offline)
  #16 2/15/20 4:34 PM
I know, Tyler's no "she", but a lot of us will miss him. Good song, couldn't resist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PeyzXvvdmw
2 Likes: luckybuc97, tirespinner
mc/rider (Offline)
  #17 2/15/20 8:02 PM
Also missing in action Robert Ballou.Anybody hear anything?

When in doubt Gas It
IndianaSprintFan (Offline)
  #18 2/15/20 8:18 PM
Ballou has not been released yet from doctors. He’s social media says a late March return which I’m guessing would be the no way out at Brownstown
3 Likes: i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, tirespinner
DJlives (Online)
  #19 2/15/20 8:46 PM
Sunshine said around 40 wing events ..some regular Knoxville shows, All Stars and WoO..all on top of big USAC shows
jdull99 (Offline)
  #20 2/15/20 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by mc/rider:
Also missing in action Robert Ballou.Anybody hear anything?
https://speedsport.com/sprints-midgets/

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)