IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
spankytoo (Offline)
  #11 2/10/20 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Non wing lover:
Jesus not another one.does usac need to raise their start monies? Increase the overall purse structure? Somebody better step up to the plate and do something or there won't be anymore traditional Sprintcar racing.
Brad Sweet # 1 wing sprint car driver last year made $564,410.
Tyler Courtney # 1 non wing sprint car driver last year made $107,250
Freddie Rahmer # 24 wing sprint car driver last year made $107,111

Just my guess..

http://sprintcarratings.com/

If you look in your mirror and see a line of cars behind you, be kind and pull over.
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, PIT CART
racefan20 (Offline)
  #12 2/10/20 1:35 PM
Since the wing drivers run approximately twice as many races as the non-wing guys this is a misleading stat in a way. Yes they have more opportunities to race but on a per race average the top guys in wings make about twice as much as the non-wing guys. Not 4 or 5 times as much like the stats you are showing. Yes USAC needs to raise their purses but its not as bad as your stats show. You can make stats say whatever you want

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
2 Likes: PJ Wright, TNRustler
bsmith8 (Offline)
  #13 2/10/20 4:15 PM
Not disagreeing or debating just passing on some info I gathered for myself since this comes up often. Here is the difference in two comparable racing organizations from 2019. All Stars VS. USAC Non-Wing. USAC had 37 points races from Florida to California. All Stars had 40 points paying race's mainly in Ohio and PA (Florida does not count for points). Aaron Reutzel won 16 All Star Races totalling somewhere around 180,000.00, this does not count his other purse money and tow money, only his wins with All Stars. THIS IS NOT 100 % ACCURATE, I was just getting numbers from their website on 1st place prize money and feature victories. Also He earned $ 57,000.00 for being the points champion. I believe the All Stars also give 2 or 4 complimentary pit passes to the car owner that competes in 80 percent or more of the race's and I do not believe they have an entry fee for a regular race. If I was good enough and had the money I would definitely go wing racing with the All Stars.
3 Likes: Big Mike 7, Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #14 2/10/20 8:42 PM
As long as USAC guys keep showing up at local 1000-1500 to win shows they will never get the USAC purse raised.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
2 Likes: bsmith8, PIT CART
IndianaSprintFan (Offline)
  #15 2/10/20 10:48 PM
Maybe if USAC would raise their purse, their guys wouldn’t have to race 1k to win shows in the off weekends to stay above water. Everyone making excuses for USAC and the payout is the problem. They are 20 years behind if not more and it’s pathetic.
3 Likes: Big Mike 7, bsmith8, K92
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #16 2/11/20 1:04 PM
Originally Posted by IndianaSprintFan:
Maybe if USAC would raise their purse, their guys wouldn’t have to race 1k to win shows in the off weekends to stay above water. Everyone making excuses for USAC and the payout is the problem. They are 20 years behind if not more and it’s pathetic.
Purse been same for a LONG time. Sad.
3 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART, sprinter31
Dougherty20 (Offline)
  #17 2/11/20 2:20 PM
Midgets:Windom
Sprints:Leary
Crown: Swanson
Non wing lover (Offline)
  #18 2/11/20 4:46 PM
And that therein is the problem with usC purse monies wake up usac o r die
trackprep (Offline)
  #19 2/12/20 12:09 AM
How loud will some of you cry when the purse goes up right along with your ticket price. You just can’t say “ all they have to do is raise the purse/ payback” where do you think the money comes from? Many on here get all hissy if you can’t bring in your own food or drink or go back to your car. Not trying to be an ass but think about it like you run your household expenses.
8 Likes: addictedtodirt, flagboy55, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, rick42, RockinRy, Sandy Lowe, TNRustler
Non wing lover (Offline)
  #20 2/12/20 3:05 AM
Then what does usac have to do to keep their teams from going wing racing? It's hemorrhaging fast and if something's not done to stop the bleeding you won't see traditional non wing racing I don't give a dam if it's usac mscs boss or war.