IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
captrat (Offline)
  #21 2/6/20 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan:
After years of going from Springfield IL to Tampa and then Ocala the last few years, I have given up on Atlanta completely. I-24 to Nashville where I hit I-65 on the west side of town and take it south all the way to Montgomery. In the southern part of Montgomery I exit onto South Boulevard which is several routes, including US 31, 80 & 82. Take that a few miles east to US 82/US 231 south. (NOT US 331). The only bottleneck on that whole route is Dothan AL, but it only takes 20 or so minutes. US 231 goes all the way to I-10, then I-75 to Ocala. US 231 from Montgomery is 4 lane and most of it has a 65 mph speed limit. Normal traffic speed is usually (much) higher. You trade going through Nashville, the mountains, Chattanooga and the Atlanta mess for what is mostly relatively open interstate and rural driving. Mapping services say this way may take about an hour more, but I am not sure when you take into consideration some of the bad traffic you see the other way. And it is way more relaxing.
I live in Fort Myers Beach, FL and this is the route I use. Also, there is a good rest area on 231 near Ozark, AL.
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #22 2/7/20 8:54 PM
How’s the crowd? Hard to tell from TV.

Only 3 cars in the support class?!?

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
wildman92 (Offline)
  #23 2/7/20 9:50 PM
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:
How’s the crowd? Hard to tell from TV.

Only 3 cars in the support class?!?
The Gladiator feature was great!!

Jen Kelley (she/her)
3 Likes: Chief Wahoo, tirespinner, Will Shunk
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #24 2/7/20 9:52 PM
Originally Posted by wildman92:
The Gladiator feature was great!!
It really was Now after I posted that I heard Klepper say they are expecting 20 tomorrow night.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #25 2/7/20 9:54 PM
Can anyone hear the cars?
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #26 2/7/20 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt:
Can anyone hear the cars?
Barely, must be some good insulation in that booth.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #27 2/7/20 10:06 PM
20 cars. No noise on the broadcast. Might as well be electric. If this is the future of racing, count me out.
Rapid Rick (Offline)
  #28 2/7/20 10:19 PM
Last year no operating speakers on the fourth turn side of the grandstand. Hopefully this has been fixed.
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #29 2/7/20 10:55 PM
I was glad to see the racing on flo tonight, I cant be there and I was only able to catch the feature but I was happy to see a midget race. Flo has some issues, but IMO the price of the product is ok for what I'm getting. I'm sure the quality of their productions will improve but it will be at the cost of the consumer and of course people will complain about that. Happy racing season!
3 Likes: dirt330, oppweld, tirespinner
wildman92 (Offline)
  #30 2/8/20 12:47 AM
It’s February 7, 20 degrees with flurries outside. We were able to watch a race tonight from the warmth of our couch. Absolutely NOTHING to complain about.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
20 Likes: Chief Wahoo, dirt330, Dirtfan, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, jonboat15, luckybuc97, openwheelfan1, oppweld, Pitdad, racenut69, racer58, skids59, Stephen Cording, STIDA.com, tirespinner, TNRustler, WinglessLovers