IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ronmil (Offline)
  #1 7/5/18 9:22 PM
Here is the link to an article that appeared in The Evansville Courier-Press yesterday.

https://amp.courierpress.com/amp/719210002

Ron Miller
11 Likes: BrentTFunk, DanGitt, davidm, dirt330, racenut69, racinrich, Rpracing1, ryan84, Speedmax3, TNRustler, WinglessLovers
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #2 7/6/18 7:15 AM
That article writer has No Clue.
5 Likes: mc/rider, racenut69, ronmil, ryan84, The Old Coyote
davidm (Offline)
  #3 7/6/18 9:04 AM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
That article writer has No Clue.
A lot start out that way. Lets hope he catches the bug and comes back for more.
5 Likes: interpreter66, oppweld, ronmil, Rpracing1, ryan84
ronmil (Offline)
  #4 7/6/18 9:57 AM
Yes, he called them late model modifieds.

Ron Miller
brsteg (Offline)
  #5 7/6/18 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by davidm:
A lot start out that way. Lets hope he catches the bug and comes back for more.
This. It's obvious the guy had no idea, as it was a big surprise that the cars would throw dirt and dust. And Tri-State even heavy can get dusty, but the 2 times I went this year weren't bad at all. So if it was like earlier in the year the guy would be in for a real shock at other tracks and how dirty you are when you leave.
But something brought him out; hopefully he saw enough to bring him back. He did say he'd be more prepared.

While the rookies can sound silly; we need to make sure we are propping them up and helping them ruin instead of picking about their lack of knowledge.

The article sounds silly to us, but to someone else who has never been and has no idea it may have just enough to make them curious to go out and try a night at TSS. (Seeing it's a local paper)
7 Likes: hilly, i love dirt track racing, IndianaSprintFan, progressive22, ronmil, Rpracing1, WinglessLovers
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #6 7/6/18 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by brsteg:
This. It's obvious the guy had no idea, as it was a big surprise that the cars would throw dirt and dust. And Tri-State even heavy can get dusty, but the 2 times I went this year weren't bad at all. So if it was like earlier in the year the guy would be in for a real shock at other tracks and how dirty you are when you leave.
But something brought him out; hopefully he saw enough to bring him back. He did say he'd be more prepared.

While the rookies can sound silly; we need to make sure we are propping them up and helping them ruin instead of picking about their lack of knowledge.

The article sounds silly to us, but to someone else who has never been and has no idea it may have just enough to make them curious to go out and try a night at TSS. (Seeing it's a local paper)
Not really a Local paper as it is printed out of Louisville, Kentucky. "News" articles are normally 3 days old news when published. It is a dying media form for the reasons stated. Young people do not get the "Newspaper". Social media and promotion is the way to attract young adults. The track article can't hurt, I guess as I saw it on social media..
brsteg (Offline)
  #7 7/6/18 11:48 AM
I thought it was an Evansville paper. My bad. Read it yesterday. Printed news papers will be dead before long, agree. Getting young vs. old. I'm not picky; never too old to find something new. It may not be as ideal as reaching someone in late 20's or early 30's. But if it reaches a guy in his 50's even; that's a win. Maybe that guy can talk some family and friends going of slightly younger demographic. Looks not look an article about racing outside of its usual place too hard in the face.
ronmil (Offline)
  #8 7/6/18 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by brsteg:
I thought it was an Evansville paper. My bad. Read it yesterday. Printed news papers will be dead before long, agree. Getting young vs. old. I'm not picky; never too old to find something new. It may not be as ideal as reaching someone in late 20's or early 30's. But if it reaches a guy in his 50's even; that's a win. Maybe that guy can talk some family and friends going of slightly younger demographic. Looks not look an article about racing outside of its usual place too hard in the face.
It is an Evansville newspaper, but it is not printed here any longer.

Ron Miller
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #9 7/6/18 2:06 PM
I live just south of Kokomo. from their parking lot to my driveway is about 25 minutes.

TSS is a must during 2nd leg of ISW for my family, but we’ve also done it as a separate single day road trip and will continue as our schedules allow. Greats racing is great racing: no matter if it’s in the N,S,E, or West, Sprints to “late model modifieds”.

No doubt that chances are in your favor that great racing is in store when you hand TSS your hard earned money.
4 Likes: Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, racenut69, ryan84