IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World Finals
11/4/12, 5:50 PM   #1
World Finals
havoline42

Different Strokes.....why does Speed channel wanna show Outlaws on tv when it's always single file racing? The Oval Nationals was so exciting last night!!! I wished Non-Wing sprint would get sum tv exposure cause everytime I take somebody with me to a Indiana dirt track they are amazed by what they see!! Jmo anyway but I guess I just love 3-4 wide racing instead of Choo-Choo Sprint car race with wings!!

3 members like this post: dirt330, Russell Ficklin, speed bump
11/4/12, 5:59 PM   #2
Re: World Finals
Joe@ScaleSprints

Hell lets just be happy there was dirt track racing on TV period. I know i watched it instead of the Nationwide race

7 members like this post: awnunn, jim goerge, K-Dawg30, Puppy, rataz, sportster1, SprintcarZF
11/4/12, 5:59 PM   #3
speed bump

Great post right above me by havoline 42..

11/4/12, 6:19 PM   #4
miledirt

I like both forms of racing... and they are different

The World Finals was actually very good. Paul McMahan went from 22 to 2nd and came within a car length on the last lap of winning the thing

6 members like this post: DaveP63, K-Dawg30, koolaid89, Puppy, TBONE, TWO FIVE
11/4/12, 6:25 PM   #5
treecitytornado

I too wish USAC would be back on Speed again, like the early 2000s and maybe even throw in a few MSCS Shows. The truth is WoO gets the TV because they have the big names, a ton of fans nationwide and worldwide, and a lot of corporate money too. I race Non-Wing and would love nothing more than to run some Live and tape delayed races on Speed again like I did back then! I hope it can happen again in the future!

Thanks,
J.T.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by treecitytornado; 11/4/12 at 6:26 PM.

11/4/12, 6:39 PM   #6
TeamCGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
The truth is WoO gets the TV because they have the big names, a ton of fans nationwide and worldwide, and a lot of corporate money too.

Thanks,
J.T.

Posted via Mobile Device
I will not say what I think about this comment because I am a Christian and almost cannot believe this statement until I saw who said it. Why are non wingers cursed with this guy? Anytime, Anywhere; our Top 10 Non Wingers against their Top 10 Wingers; both have to race both. We'll see who the names are then. I have to stop typing now because my Blood Pressure just hit 10,000 over 50,000.

Pete Gulick
www.colemangulick.com
Join us on Facebook: Coleman Gulick Racing
God Bless our Troops and God Bless the USA

11/4/12, 6:49 PM   #7
cornerthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCGR View Post
I will not say what I think about this comment because I am a Christian and almost cannot believe this statement until I saw who said it. Why are non wingers cursed with this guy? Anytime, Anywhere; our Top 10 Non Wingers against their Top 10 Wingers; both have to race both. We'll see who the names are then. I have to stop typing now because my Blood Pressure just hit 10,000 over 50,000.

Pete Gulick
Its all about the dollars.

11/4/12, 6:56 PM   #8
racephoto1

Pete,

It's what TV wants you to see.In the 60's, 70's, and early 80's it was Indy cars and the USAC dirt, Hoosier Hundred, Hulman classic and the like. The first race ESPN televised was USAC at Salem.

When ESPN made NASCRAP more then just regional, it became corporate money driven, and the guys who spend the money dictate. Goodbye Indy cars and non wing sprinters, hello NASCRAP. Unfortunately for us non wing guys, the big money sponsors are with the wing guys.I know you have chevy with TSR, but not many after that have a national reach.Also WoO seems to have a great marketing arm, although the product isn't the greatest.

Non wing racing is the best there is , but somewhere along the way we have to find a way to show it to the world. It takes money to get it on TV, which is what the wingers have over the non wingers.If we the non wing guys can get our hands into those deep pockets, we can push it onto the wider stage television provides.

3 members like this post: Eldora Three, rachasin, Russell Ficklin
11/4/12, 11:22 PM   #9
treecitytornado

Thank you Chris and Cornerthree. You understand why I said what I did. I wish it wasn't the case because I loved running those Live and Taped delayed races on Speed especially in 2003! Lawrenceburg, The Mopar Million, etc. I had the privilege to race Live and Taped on the Deuce, Espn 2, back in 1995, when that station was just getting started too. I love all the coverage we can get, but unless USAC comes up with the corporate sponsorship again to put it back on, it most likely won't. I hope it happens with all my heart though!

Posted via Mobile Device

11/5/12, 3:25 AM   #10
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCGR View Post

Pete Gulick
The non wingers would get crushed driving both styles.

1 member likes this post: fish
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World Finals