IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson is the greatest driver of all time
6/15/21, 12:31 PM   #1
Kyle Larson is the greatest driver of all time
WingedFan2019

Race Count This Year: 9
Race Count Last Year: 49

There i said it, simply the best ever. Even at 28 years young has accomplished so much. And i dont want to hear Steve Kinser Rich Vogler or anyone else. No one can win 3 nascar races in a row then hop in a sprint car and dominate that as well. Appreciate him folks we'll never see anyone like him again!

4 members like this post: 95KART, EBookerFan, Jonr, rapid robert
6/15/21, 12:54 PM   #2
Re: Kyle Larson is the greatest driver of all time
Midget 89

I personally think Parnelli Jones is right up there.

4 members like this post: erich45, jim goerge, jjones752, PIT CART
6/15/21, 12:58 PM   #3
TQ29m

I'll admit he's good, but look what he's got as equipment and help, I'm not ready to put him on that pedestal yet, may never, I've seen a lot, do more, with less. He does remind me of others that were good enough to walk in his shoes, but some of his other personalities could use some help and time.

3 members like this post: Agentry10, jim goerge, progressive22
6/15/21, 1:04 PM   #4
jim goerge

Ever hear of a guy named AJ FOYT?

6/15/21, 1:05 PM   #5
DRFan87

why does every one go to this argument about equipment? do you think donny, brad, sheldon, carson, and gravel all have worse equipment than he does? no. hes just that damn good. if anything, silva's equipment is worse than full time outlaw equipment. did you not see what he did in the 42 car? and the results that that car has posted since his departure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
I'll admit he's good, but look what he's got as equipment and help, I'm not ready to put him on that pedestal yet, may never, I've seen a lot, do more, with less. He does remind me of others that were good enough to walk in his shoes, but some of his other personalities could use some help and time.

1 member likes this post: WingedFan2019
6/15/21, 1:15 PM   #6
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I don't think you can put a best ever tag on a driver at that age. He's an exceptional talent and has the potential to be ranked in the top all time, but needs to keep at this pace for a while longer.

5 members like this post: jim goerge, motorhead748, oppweld, TQ29m, WinglessLovers
6/15/21, 1:17 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Most don't jump in new cars they've never drove, At tracks they've never raced in just about any type of car and win first time out.

KYLE DOES

And he does it in cars that aren't setup well. He'll find a line the car will work best at and over perform. When he won his first ultimate challenge, He drove a line nobody else did or could make work and ran away with it.

AJ.
Mario,
Kinser
All would become stellar and Kinser could even make a car that wasn't right finish five possitions better than it should. But who knows Kyles Limit. I wouldn't put it passed him to be a first time dominating winner of INDY given the chance.

6/15/21, 1:35 PM   #8
jim goerge

Chuck I agree with the Indy part, But think we"ll have to wait to find out about the rest. Really I don"t think you can compare drivers from different times , The cars are and were so different and different tracks. Its a whole new ball game today than back then
Last edited by jim goerge; 6/15/21 at 1:46 PM.

6/15/21, 2:46 PM   #9
Will Shunk

simply the best ever? Absolute Versatile talent we see only once in a while. Love his desire to compete and win in anything four wheels! Arguably ONE of the best in a wing 410 yes, midget yes, Silver Crown maybe, NASCAR Cup maybe, non wing sprint car good but no longevity, Dirt LM good but too few, IMSA good but too few, IndyCar not offered yet, F1 not offered yet. Turn a few more of those to YES and we have a strong argument for a GOAT! Enjoy this debate. What fun to woulda, shoulda, coulda.

4 members like this post: davidm, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema
6/15/21, 2:59 PM   #10
sw1911

He has to win Indy and Daytona to get to to the top tier. See "Triple Crown of Motorsport".

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson is the greatest driver of all time