IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smoke
2/13/17, 11:27 AM   #11
flagboy55

Here's wishful thinking for you. How about let the All Stars run themselves and go back to racing with USAC. That's what gave him the ladder to stardom anyway

2/13/17, 1:34 PM   #12
Re: Smoke
Stevensville Mike

We're down here in Deland right now getting ready to start watching the races at Volusia in a few days. I'll ask Tony what his plans are. I'll give him the IOW.com secret signal/handshake to let him know we are on the up and up.

To be continued....

5 members like this post: interpreter66, jim goerge, mc/rider, Simon_says17, tirespinner
2/13/17, 1:50 PM   #13
flatout

Quote:
Originally Posted by artknepper View Post
nobody knows what happened, except for those close. its commonplace for drivers to race visiting superstars differently, feeling they have to prove a point, of sorts. maybe this was the case here, maybe not. i dont know. dont think chad would do that, but obviously tony thought differntly. tony loves to race, and for him to up and quit like that, makes me wonder if he has some kind of lasting effects from the ward deal, or his broken leg crash of a couple years ago. whatever the deal, i hope tony gets over this hump...
I wasn't there nor have I seen any video of this incident. Chad is one of the cleaner racers out there and has been around around a long time. I have a hard time believing he would be in awe of or have something to prove against Stewart. He's been in sprint cars for 20+ years and has raced against the best the sport has to offer. Just have to wonder if his temper got the best of him again.

3 members like this post: DHayes818, jim goerge, trannyman
2/13/17, 5:08 PM   #14
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby01 View Post
Tony's probably going to have unlearn those nasty Nascar driving habits and learn how to really race again.
I have faith he will figure out real quick.
This is what I think too. Father time catches everyone, add in some injuries, scaring accidents and less than top physical condition and it'll take some time to get back in the groove. Hustling a sprint on dirt is light years from reclining in a wallowing cup car. I'm sure he can still get it done, but it'll take some time to re-hone his dirt skills.

2/13/17, 10:46 PM   #15
Will Shunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullring View Post
It seems to me Tony should have all the officials in place that he wouldn't need to be the go to guy at the race track. They run most nights without him there and don't need to go to him then.
I know what you are saying about they have done it without him for many race nights. My point is Tony's rig was within 15 feet of the All Star trailer and we all react differently and with deference when the boss is nearby. I saw many All Star clad four wheelers pull up to Tony's rig for "conversation" from late afternoon until racing commenced. I just think dual roles can be a distraction to the focus and fun Tony is looking to enjoy.

2/14/17, 12:35 AM   #16
oljonesy

tony..soprano said..never sh$t where you eat.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan
2/14/17, 1:46 AM   #17
cshuman

MUCH smaller scale, but I told myself I would not run in any WAR races while I owned/operated the series.

2/14/17, 2:18 AM   #18
jdull99

Really wish Donny would talk him into Dirt LM racing...sure seems like the best fit to me...IMHO (only dreamed about being Tony Stewart since I heard he was running both "National" AND Western states USAC midgets in 1994! lol)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2/14/17, 5:30 AM   #19
Scooter

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: 50+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
MUCH smaller scale, but I told myself I would not run in any WAR races while I owned/operated the series.
Very respectable

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
2/14/17, 11:32 PM   #20
MIracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
Aaron Fry has said the same thing about running BOSS.

2 members like this post: kcarm92, Pat O'Connor Fan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smoke