IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Andy H No longer at USAC...
10/26/16, 11:53 PM   #1
Andy H No longer at USAC...
team3521

Not one word posted on here about Andy H no longer running the SC series at USAC?

This is a huge loss IMO. Kinda wonder why?

Kevin Miller needs to be fired!

3 members like this post: dirtball, jim goerge, midget96
10/27/16, 7:15 AM   #2
Re: Andy H No longer at USAC...
ossuks

There is only so much money available and with Kevin's salary approaching $500,000 per year sometimes you just have to cut someone .

2 members like this post: kinser, team3521
10/27/16, 7:54 AM   #3
addictedtodirt

It's my understanding that Andy brought back a dying SC series. Have to wonder about the future of the division without him.

3 members like this post: PIT CART, team3521, Wizard 05
10/27/16, 7:57 AM   #4
Wizard 05

Race Count This Year: 28

What a loss.. I agree some should be looking at Kevin...Who the hell is going to take Indiana Andy's place bringing back one of the best classes in USAC.. I was hoping that 2017 would be even better yet,but without someone with a vision I see it now taking a few steps back..Andy had a ton of work put into this and now some fool has torn that all down.

1 member likes this post: team3521
10/27/16, 9:05 AM   #5
smithers

If he is really being paid $500,000, I want the job. I will do it for half and spend the other half on promotion and purses. People probably wouldn't like me, because, I treat everyone the same, I don't care how much money you have.

5 members like this post: JDFAST, lukesmith, Speedwrench, team3521, Wizard 05
10/27/16, 10:00 AM   #6
Wizard 05

Race Count This Year: 28

I'm with you..I'd do it for half,,even from Michigan and cover my expenses,and put the other half into promotion,,purses,,give backs to tracks to get them to book a show at key tracks that are not on the schedule..It is hard to believe he is really at 500K if so that is very very sad on his part as well..Sure doesn't sound like he is in it for the good of the sport,, just the good of Kevin.

2 members like this post: hhiester, JDFAST
10/27/16, 10:02 AM   #7
Rpracing1

Sky is not falling......

Here is Andys post from Facebook USAC Silvercrown site.....

This is a short message I have not looked forward to posting. I am no longer Director of Competition with Silver Crown series. It has been an amazing three years and there's not enough space to describe the great times I've been able to be a part of. I want to thank Kevin Miller for giving me a job I will always remember. A lot of people told me before I started that the series was too broken to fix, but I had raced in this series and I knew how deep and solid the roots were and how passionate the fans and competitors can be. I love USAC and maybe we will meet again down the road. I had two goals when I started, 1: to get Silver crown back on the map as a major racing series 2: to make Roger McCluskey proud. Roger gave me a USAC license in spring 1981 making me the first driver to hold a license with USAC under the age of 18. He spent extra time with me teaching me things about the sport I've never forgotten. I tried my best to pass some of that on the best I could. I would also like to thank all the fans, it is what makes all racing go and I will see you soon. Thanks, Andy.

10/27/16, 11:45 AM   #8
wallbanger II

CALLING Greg stabb

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirtball, Midget 89, team3521
10/27/16, 12:32 PM   #9
4wheelsinthekoosh

Andy is a stand-up guy and his absence will be felt not only in car counts but also in pits. He took on a thankless job to try and improve a division of racing that is close it his heart. He made coming to the track fun again for a driver that has been away for a couple of years.

6 members like this post: bighd0522, dirtball, fish, miwingless, oldfan49, Pat O'Connor Fan
10/27/16, 1:07 PM   #10
Jonr

It is good to see that the USAC conspiracy theorist are already at work. Did it occur to anyone that Andy enjoyed working for Kevin and the reason he left had nothing to do with his boss? Could it be Andy was presented a better opportunity? Perhaps Andy wanted to be his own boss again? Perhaps he wanted a job related back to stock cars? There are a ton of reasons why he left that are not a strike against USAC or a strike against Kevin.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Andy H No longer at USAC...