IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wanted Driver for USAC Races
5/7/13, 12:19 PM   #61
Re: Wanted Driver for USAC Races
Jerry Shaw

Putting all the squabbling aside, if you do have equipment that is not only capable of getting a Top 5, but of also winning at the USAC level, Jerry Coons, Jr would be the obvious choice, IMO. He's won championships in all three USAC divisions and he's in a good ride right now, but not one that travels nationally.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

1 member likes this post: miwingless
5/7/13, 6:04 PM   #62
Dalton Dietrich

Race Count This Year: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan7m View Post
Ray Morgan
Ray Morgan Motorsports
Terre Haute In.
Wing Sprint Car: Morgan / O’Donley 7m (currently racing weekly at Knoxville)
Non-wing Sprint Car: Daron Clayton 92

Very nicely written Ray. Although I am not one of the people bashing, let me say, while I do not know Don and Suellen, I know Gene fairly well and we too have discussed many racing related topics, from my racing (winged 305's) to potentially working on his wingless car. He even put me in touch with Hunter about a move to Indiana. Great man, with great insight on what our sport, and it's competitors need and want.

1 member likes this post: Morgan7m
5/11/13, 12:21 AM   #63
donwilshe

The End

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
5/11/13, 8:18 AM   #64
Midget 89

Amen!

6/9/13, 11:27 PM   #65
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Franckowiak View Post
Since you brought it up about teams and drivers and opportunities. I actually have a USAC sprint car team and am partnerd in another. I was looking for a driver for the Eastern Storm and only one....that is correct only one driver took the time to find my number and call me......so I would have to think that there are not that many drivers looking for a ride......or they are all sitting on the porch waiting for one to be delivered to their house.

A few years ago, I wanted to sponsor a USAC team for engines and only two guys called.....one was Hunter Schuerenberg and the other was Casey Shuman......really, someone placing an add to supply two 410 engines and only 2 calls. I decided to go with Hunter but Casey would have ben a great choice too.

Lots of drivers had their freinds email or text me some emailed me directly....but only two took the time and effort to call. One guy even sent me his address so I could send him the motors. He thought he was that good.

So, based on the above facts, I would say that the drivers that are willing to dedicate themselves and work hard to race find rides and sponsorship, the others sit around and grouse about how "some people get all the breaks". There are three type of racers....racers that make things happen, racers that watch things happen, and racers that wonder what happened.....guess who gets the breaks.
Congratulations, Gene, for your USAC sprint car win tonight at Susquehanna with Shane Cottle !

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wanted Driver for USAC Races