IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
agar (Offline)
  #1 7/16/12 12:14 PM
in todays Brazil Times there is a ad for the Sprintweek show Thursday it says USAC Sprints and Modifieds I thought this was a sprints only show has this changed ?? if so That is fine I have no problem with it just trying to find out if this is true
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #2 7/16/12 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by agar:
in todays Brazil Times there is a ad for the Sprintweek show Thursday it says USAC Sprints and Modifieds I thought this was a sprints only show has this changed ?? if so That is fine I have no problem with it just trying to find out if this is true
still aint going thats crazy 4 classes of cars on saturday night....1 maybe 2 on thursday for sprintweek..for a extra 12 buck not me...
HARFprez (Offline)
  #3 7/16/12 1:34 PM
They said THAT had no other support classes for Wednesday night, but thought i heard 1 support class at LPS, same as Lawrenceburg, which turned out to be just right. Also don't forget the HARF Pit Party 1 pm to 3 pm Thursday afternoon at LPS, your HARF card is all you need to get in and if you're not a member, sign up at the gate for only $15.00. Meet the drivers and teams and maybe win some prizes. We're in negotiations now to arrange for shade and 75 degrees, we'll let you know how that works out, bob.
DunaganRacing (Offline)
  #4 7/16/12 2:56 PM
Just checked the website and the 2012 schedule tab is missing which tells me they are updating it as I type. I'm thinking that means they added mods? Bill or LPS insider can you confirm?

Posted via Mobile Device
racefan20 (Offline)
  #5 7/16/12 3:11 PM
Originally Posted by DunaganRacing:
Just checked the website and the 2012 schedule tab is missing which tells me they are updating it as I type. I'm thinking that means they added mods? Bill or LPS insider can you confirm?

Posted via Mobile Device
It was originally announced as sprints only. If they wanted to run mods they should have announced it that way from the start. Bad PR to add it in later. JMHO

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #6 7/16/12 4:14 PM
Bring on the mods. THAT TOO!

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: agar, Dannypollock24, dkdorkboy, koolaid89
stockracer (Offline)
  #7 7/16/12 4:21 PM
I have been told by a LPS worker that mods have been added......
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, Dannypollock24, welder
GregD (Offline)
  #8 7/16/12 4:24 PM
I just called the office and they have added Mods.
My grip is they made a big deal out of "Sprints Only!"
This is more than bad PR, but it saves me money. Really don't like to be lied to.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #9 7/16/12 4:35 PM
So what are you going to do in the 20 minutes between sprint heats and Consi and between Consi and Feature? If it really irks ya, Just stay home. Some real race fans would like to see something during down time.

Charles Nungester
21 Likes: addictedtodirt, agar, bighd0522, bowbuild, ByronMack, Claybird33, cwfan08, Dannypollock24, davidm, dirtfan98, dkdorkboy, Don 65s, Eatin Dirt, Hotshoe65s, Mattvp52, Mud Packer, PJ Wright, SHORTBUS, speedracer40, stephen, TNRustler
SHORTBUS (Offline)
  #10 7/16/12 5:03 PM
Waa waa waa

---------- Post added at 5:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:03 PM ----------

Originally Posted by racefan20:
it was originally announced as sprints only. If they wanted to run mods they should have announced it that way from the start. Bad pr to add it in later. Jmho
waa waa waaaaaaaaa
8 Likes: bowbuild, Claybird33, Dannypollock24, Don 65s, koolaid89, Mattvp52, stephen, the_77H