IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Usac sprints storm to the east this week for 6 straigh
6/11/18, 3:40 PM   #1
Usac: Usac sprints storm to the east this week for 6 straigh
admin

6/11/18 2:55 PM USAC SPRINTS STORM TO THE EAST THIS WEEK FOR 6 STRAIGHT NIGHTS OF RACING

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...ghts-of-racing

USAC SPRINTS STORM TO THE EAST THIS WEEK FOR 6 STRAIGHT NIGHTS OF RACING

By: Bryan Householder – York Dipatch

https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/s...eek/689451002/

There's a storm coming.

The wingless 410 sprint cars of the United States Auto Club will blow into the area this week for another round of the “Eastern Storm.” The schedule of this year’s Eastern Storm is somewhat different than in recent years.

The Eastern Storm will kick off Thursday evening at Grandview Speedway. In addition to the USAC sprints, Grandview will also host its regular weekly 358 modifieds.

Friday, the Eastern Storm moves to Williams Grove Speedway. The USAC sprints will compete in a show that also includes the Grove’s regular 410 sprint-car class.

Things will be much the same Saturday, when USAC ventures to Port Royal Speedway, where the winged 410 sprints will also compete.

Sunday night, the USAC racers come to BAPS Motor Speedway for their final Pennsylvania appearance of the tour. Joining USAC at BAPS will be the URC 360 sprints and the USAC Eastern Midgets.

Thursday, June 14 at Grandview, gates open at 5pm and racing begins at 7:30pm.* General admission tickets for adults are $30, children (6-11) are $10 and kids under the age of 6 are free.

Friday, June 15 at Williams Grove, racing gets underway at 7:30pm.* Adult general admission tickets are $25.* Age 13-20 general admission is $10.

Saturday, June 16 at Port Royal, the drivers meeting takes place at 6pm and cars hit the track at 6:30pm.* Adult general admission tickets are $25. Age 12-18 general admission is $10.* Pit passes are $35.

Sunday, June 17 at BAPS, racing gets going at 7pm.* Adult tickets are $25, seniors $15, students $15 and pit passes are $35.

Monday, June 18 at Bridgeport, racing begins at 7:30pm.* Adult general admission tickets (15 and up) are $30.* Kids (10-15) are $10.* Kids 9 and under are free.* Reserved tickets are $35 for adults, $15 for kids 3-15. Pit passes are $35.

Tuesday, June 19 at Weedsport, pits open at 4pm, grandstands at 5pm and racing at 7pm.* General admission (18+) tickets are $25, (11-17) are $10 and (10 and Under) are free.* Pit passes for member are $30 and $35 for non-members.* Reserved seats are $29.

Races at Grandview, Williams Grove, Port Royal, Bridgeport and Weedsport will be live on http://www.speedshifttv.com/.* All races will be available on-demand at http://www.loudpedal.tv/ and live audio will be available on the free USAC app.

6/11/18, 6:20 PM   #2
Re: Usac: Usac sprints storm to the east this week for 6 str
revjimk

I'm going for Port Royal & BAPS. maybe stick around for Bridgeport if I feel up to it, but that entails Joisey Turnpike to get home, which I fear & loathe....

2 members like this post: CTtoPA, i love dirt track racing
6/11/18, 6:35 PM   #3
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
I'm going for Port Royal & BAPS. maybe stick around for Bridgeport if I feel up to it, but that entails Joisey Turnpike to get home, which I fear & loathe....
Or should I say Joisey Toinpike???

1 member likes this post: Simon_says17
6/11/18, 7:14 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Fuhggetaboutit

1 member likes this post: Simon_says17
6/12/18, 9:48 AM   #5
double checkered

My plan is to hit Grandview this Thursday with my pop. It was the second track I ever attended and it's been over 20 years since my last visit. Hope to see a few IOWers there.

Jeremy

6/12/18, 12:36 PM   #6
Backitin

We had planned on going to weedsport. I really want to support the effort of getting nonwing sprints into northern pa, upstate ny. That being said I'm broke from rebuilding a vintage Honda mxer that I hope to race the weekend following weedsport if my bad neck allows. I have to decide whats more important to me. Pretty obvious it will be trying to get myself in the amhra mx race. It could still change because of one thing, If I race this season I'll be one of the oldest guys in my class (50 + over) or I could wait a season and be one of the youngest guys in the 60 + class. Vintage bike racing is real racing not exhibitions like car racing, 10 years difference is alot in mx.

6/12/18, 1:59 PM   #7
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
We had planned on going to weedsport. I really want to support the effort of getting nonwing sprints into northern pa, upstate ny. That being said I'm broke from rebuilding a vintage Honda mxer that I hope to race the weekend following weedsport if my bad neck allows. I have to decide whats more important to me. Pretty obvious it will be trying to get myself in the amhra mx race. It could still change because of one thing, If I race this season I'll be one of the oldest guys in my class (50 + over) or I could wait a season and be one of the youngest guys in the 60 + class. Vintage bike racing is real racing not exhibitions like car racing, 10 years difference is alot in mx.
Watching will be easier on your neck than risking it in that MX!!!!
Go the the wingless race.... you're the No. 1 advocate of wingless racing expanding East....

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
6/12/18, 2:00 PM   #8
Ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by double checkered View Post
My plan is to hit Grandview this Thursday with my pop. It was the second track I ever attended and it's been over 20 years since my last visit. Hope to see a few IOWers there.

Jeremy
If you haven't been to Grandview in 20 years, expect the same thing. Nothing has changed facility wise. But the racing is still pretty good.

6/12/18, 5:57 PM   #9
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Watching will be easier on your neck than risking it in that MX!!!!
Go the the wingless race.... you're the No. 1 advocate of wingless racing expanding East....
Your right about the neck thing. I might not be the no. 1 advocate but I might be the most vocal.

6/12/18, 6:00 PM   #10
double checkered

That's why I'm going :-P.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Usac sprints storm to the east this week for 6 straigh