IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off topic, saying hi but who else is ready for winter?
8/5/15, 8:38 PM   #1
Off topic, saying hi but who else is ready for winter?
terrehautian

Oh, just me? Well, I have my reasons.

Hoping to finally hit some races come September (hopefully LPS once) once we get some more traveling we have planned for this month done. Races have been the last thing on my mind for a few months now.

8/5/15, 10:23 PM   #2
Re: Off topic, saying hi but who else is ready for winter?
sprinter14

Congratulations!!!

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, terrehautian
8/6/15, 12:01 AM   #3
darnall

I will never forget watching my sons first ultrasound 17 years ago.... his right foot was moving up and down quite a bit... I was so proud to see that he had inherited my desire and ability to stomp the gas pedal and I made sure to tell everybody at the docs office about it. Even though he was pretty successful the couple of years he raced gokarts at a very young age, in retrospect I'm pretty sure he was actually pushing a skateboard with his right foot instead of stomping the gas.

Congrats to you and the rest of your family. Hoping your winter comes soon.

4 members like this post: DirtHawk92, fish, PJ Wright, terrehautian
8/6/15, 12:08 AM   #4
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Congratulations! Being a parent is one of the best jobs you'll ever have.

1 member likes this post: fish
8/6/15, 8:11 AM   #5
stp6237

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 11

Congratulations! Want to know the best part about having kids? They grow up, get married and give you GRANDKIDS you can spoil and take to the races. None of my 3 kids became race fans, but I have a 3 year old grandson, 8 month old grandson and 8 month old granddaughter who will be exposed to racing. The three year old likes to watch USAC videos on youtube so there is hope yet. Good luck with addition to your family.

3 members like this post: mc/rider, PJ Wright, terrehautian
8/6/15, 7:21 PM   #6
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnall View Post
I will never forget watching my sons first ultrasound 17 years ago.... his right foot was moving up and down quite a bit... I was so proud to see that he had inherited my desire and ability to stomp the gas pedal and I made sure to tell everybody at the docs office about it. Even though he was pretty successful the couple of years he raced gokarts at a very young age, in retrospect I'm pretty sure he was actually pushing a skateboard with his right foot instead of stomping the gas.

Congrats to you and the rest of your family. Hoping your winter comes soon.
This wasn't our first ultrasound, sadly the first one didn't turn out the way we had hoped. We were very excited but very nervous to start. Within a few seconds of the baby showing up the screen, the heart showed up beating. It was the happiest moment of my life. We actually get to have the ultrasound for the gender coming up in three weeks (we won't find out until we have a get together with family and friends). We don't care if it is boy or girl, we want healthy. I think of all the things I get to look forward to if it is a boy (shooting firearms, fishing, etc.) and then get to think of all the things I can look forward to if it is a girl (scaring boys when they show up to the door to take her out while I have my shotgun next to me as I clean my handgun and other things that are fun for both of us). I will try to get them to the day at the Hulman Mini speedway when they are old enough to at least try racing no matter if it is a boy or girl.

2 members like this post: PJ Wright, racing2bwithu2
11/6/15, 10:49 PM   #7
terrehautian

Been busy getting things ready for our baby, got the room painted and need to get the finished touches done. We found out a few months back that we are going to have a daughter and last night we decided on a name, Elizabeth Grace. The doctor told my wife he plans on inducing no later then 1/7, I can't wait, she has been kicking away inside my wife. I have to admit, that I could just sit next to my wife and feel her kick for hours if she did.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off topic, saying hi but who else is ready for winter?