IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
PatrickMead#13 (Offline)
  #1 5/17/14 8:37 PM
Is there a Friday / Saturday non wing mini sprint race going on this year during the fair? Had someone tell my dad that and he told me. What gives?
PatrickMead#13 (Offline)
  #2 5/18/14 12:00 AM
Or is this the Columbus fair race and they thought it was the Indy fairgrounds.
racer5c (Offline)
  #3 5/18/14 5:44 AM
I doubt they'd be running on the mile
jjones752 (Offline)
  #4 5/18/14 7:46 AM
I don't think I have a gear for that...

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
DAD (Offline)
  #5 5/18/14 8:39 AM
Jim

Sure You got a gear for the mile, they call it 6th or overdrive, I don't think we have the fortitude to race their though.

MMSA is having a non wing race at the Columbus Indiana 4H Fair on the 4th of July. You aught to see if you can get the chain gang a pass to run there and "COME ON DOWN" (Yelling). It should be a lot of fun it is your typical Indiana Fair ground race track.

We could call it the North South Challenge.

Honest Dad himself
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #6 5/18/14 10:03 AM
They ran TQ races there on the tractor pull strip. They may run there. Also could be Marion county fairgrounds in Indy. Nice jokes on the mile though.
PatrickMead#13 (Offline)
  #7 5/18/14 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by racephoto1:
They ran TQ races there on the tractor pull strip. They may run there. Also could be Marion county fairgrounds in Indy. Nice jokes on the mile though.
See , that makes sense. Never thought they would do the mile. I can guarantee one thing, when you're on the gas in fifth, stay there because 6th drops off and it is one smooth ride like on a bike....lol
DAD (Offline)
  #8 5/18/14 12:58 PM
Pat

Actually the newer super-bikes have a 200 mph limiter built into the ECM to keep big brother appeased. There is a big market for devices to fool the limiters, and many of these bikes can 200+ with very little modifications.

How about a mini sprint at that speed. Ok I forgot there might be a slight frontal area differences between the two and about 400 lbs.

Honest Dad himself
Dirt Man Bill (Offline)
  #9 5/18/14 1:12 PM
So what do they run on the small paved oval track on the northeast corner of the Indiana State Fairgrounds?. It has been there for years.
Jtravels (Online)
  #10 5/18/14 1:52 PM
That's the quarter midget track on the northeast corner. Mini-Indy Speedway