IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg ISW Updates
7/12/11, 7:42 AM   #171
Re: Lawrenceburg ISW Updates
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

To be fair. LBurg had Pit gate opens at three. Main gate at five on their website before the event.

7/12/11, 2:03 PM   #172
FishBurger

I'll leave the track condition and racing quality analyses to the board experts, but it was a GREAT night for me in Section "A".

Most enjoyable and in a bit of a surprise, IOW boss Bill Gardner and fellow LPS mod competitor Josh Boller (at least I think that's the name I heard. I'm one of those old guys with hearing loss who is too vain to admit it) joined us to watch the sprint heats. Bill advised that he and Brian will be running the mod in Minnesota in a few weeks and then will be back to run The 'Burg before seasons end. on that. I think Hayden will like the 3/8 as I recall he was tough on the bigger faster ovals. Not too shabby on bull rings either with 6 feetch wins at LPS.

Greg Staab and a lady much too pretty for him joined us as well. Greg said Section "A" could use a "little class" and I've heard some of the Lawrenceburg politicos opine that Staab has about as "little class" as anyone they've met. We were treated to another Dog rant on how GREAT Indy is and how BAD Cincy is. I thought he was taking a big risk bringing that foxy gal up there but she didn't run off with Danny B. as I had feared she might.

We had a double Mug night, first with former multi-time late model track champ John Mugavin (WallbangerII) stopping by for an always enjoyable visit. He bailed on us later, but was replaced by son Shane who had just missed transferring to the mod main. It was GREAT to see them both back at The 'Burg.

I had my best night of the season in the 50/50 drawing. This time I missed out on $1002.50 (won by Vennard) where normally I only lose a paltry few hundred bucks. Who cares though, as I got to have two brief visits with Cherie.

Most of the "A" regular suspects were present as were sometimers Jerry Shaw, Rich H. and grandson, RacinBabe and that big galoot (MudPacker) she hangs with and a couple of their friends, Mr. & Mrs. Dirtfan (Elvis didn't show ), Big Steve, Doc (the dentist who I still don't have a name for after all these years), DannyB and friend, SprintManDave, Roger Zellner, Duane, and maybe even a few others snuck in while I was carousing in the pits.

Yep, one of the more enjoyable nights I've had this racing season. I gotta say I enjoyed the track action. Not the best I've ever seen but lots of passing (at least, I think I saw a lot...reading here maybe I didn't ). I may go back one day.

7/12/11, 3:38 PM   #173
Gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLip2 View Post
I can tell you one thing. 2" to 2-1/2" rocks were getting thrown 15 rows into the main grandstand on the first Saturday of racing in May. It was ridiculous and unbelievable that someone
wasn't severely hurt. You should have heard them when they hammered those aluminum grandstands.Posted via Mobile Device
If you saw these rocks hitting the grandstand why didn’t you tell Dave or Kim? They definately need to know these things. Even if they are not available I would have told anyone, Sandy, other track personnel, even Randy. I’m sure any one of them would have alerted Dave and he would have definitely took action. It would be better for him to find out on the evening it happened rather than two months later on a message board.

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
7/12/11, 4:06 PM   #174
modlady

ok this is my opion this is for all you people who apparently dont like dirt track racing because if you did you would shut your flipping mouth and yes the heat had a lot to do with the dust if you would of watered your lawn it would of dried up before you even put the hose away. so this is what I am trying to say it is a dirt track you are going to get dirty and if it was asphalt people would complain about the asphalt on them I love the dirt why do you think they make soap and water. but you people need to seriously lay off of Dave. and if you think you could take care of the track any better then why dont you take your ass down there and give him a hand that man is down there 24-7 working no matter how hot it is out. so you people seriously need a tissue because you all have seriously have freaking issues. dirt tracks have clumps and humps. when a highway has pot holes in it who do you complain to because there is no I.O.W board to bash the city or county. so lay off of dave

1 member likes this post: fish
7/12/11, 4:12 PM   #175
SPRINTCAR

1 member likes this post: mud goodsleeve
7/12/11, 4:30 PM   #176
Charles Nungester

Im starting Indianapotholeandroughroads.com today

7/12/11, 4:33 PM   #177
dustbowl

Kokomo AND North Vernon had very little dust, and it was just as hot.

7/12/11, 5:30 PM   #178
modlady

Ok if danger vernon wasnt dusty why did I have to wash my hair twice to get all the dirt out and at least at the burg you dont have to fear for your life vernon should be shut down and that track is very un safe for the drivers and fans. the man sitting behind us had to move to avoid getting hit with a big huge clump of mud if it would of hit him he would of been injuried without a doubt so maybe you just need to keep going to vernon and kokomo and make your self happy and as the say you lose a fan you gain a fan so just leave the burg a lone. the first year I went to vernon a girl got the hell beat out of her and at the beginnin of this year a man got jumped under the main grandstands. I mean if you are going to run a race track at least have a good safety crew like the burg does and have security like the burg does and dont have your flag man and wokers be your security and put thier lives in jeopardy.the burg is the best no matter what anyone says and dave needs to keep his head held hi and dont let idiots get to him. I mean the burg gives t-shirts away they get the kids involved and they get the fans involved can you name any other tracks who does stuff like this?

7/12/11, 5:44 PM   #179
lazyifoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
To be fair. LBurg had Pit gate opens at three. Main gate at five on their website before the event.
I knew the gates opened at 5 . I just didn't know if I had time to get there and see the show after attending a funeral .....If I go I want to see all the racing ...if they started at 6 I wasn't going to make it ,630 maybe, turned out I was ok getting there just at 7.....it worked out. I just thought that if someone was there giving updates maybe they would know .......gates opening and start time is not the same...

7/12/11, 6:01 PM   #180
Charles Nungester

I really don't appreciate anyone telling me what to say and where or how to say it. Dave knows me. I've help him on the track before (Although very little) Hyped the place payed for like 90 percent of the shows he's held. Say hi to him and attend. If there's something I said on here that could have made the show better like Watering before the heats. Its constructive criticism, nothing more.

I do realize it might not have been his call, So I don't know who did that and did I say DAVE when I said "Who the hell made us sit through nine heats of dust?"
I also said I had a great time anyway

It was just a little disappointing that they showed a dust bowl to lots of potential return customers including my Pop who I don't get to the track much anymore.
Chuck
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/12/11 at 6:03 PM.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg ISW Updates