IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Was I the only one?
7/10/11, 9:30 PM   #11
Re: Was I the only one?
mortboyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowingsjeff View Post
Somebody else said they saw Elvis too, but I wasn't there, so I don't know if that was true or not.
Yeah, I think I saw him too, right after the A-main. Saw and talked with Big Steve too...
Right before the heats, I lined up beside "Gettin' Dirty" while takin' a leak....

7/10/11, 9:51 PM   #12
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortboyz View Post
Yeah, I think I saw him too, right after the A-main. Saw and talked with Big Steve too...
Big Steve is the man. He's been everywhere to watch open wheel racing! I'd like to know what his track count is. I've been to a lot of tracks over the years, many that are now closed, but my totals pale in comparison to the Big Trucker from Mesa, AZ.

7/10/11, 11:21 PM   #13
sprinthead

I'm looking forward to hanging out with Big Steve next week! It has been a couple of years since I have seen him. I was happy that he got to Kokomo too

7/11/11, 5:23 PM   #14
John P Huss

I saw Ernie Irvan walking by where I was sitting. I was near
the flag stand. Said "HI" to him. Never thought I'd see him
at Sprint Week.
Best Regards,
John

7/11/11, 6:40 PM   #15
Melmo

Yea the funny part was Ernie was getting there engine tore down after the win at IMS which was fine and he keep yelling at them to hurry up because I've got a 14hr drive home!!!

7/12/11, 12:28 AM   #16
Larryoracing

Anybody ever remember watching his dad drive. "Crazy Chargin Vic Irvin?" Ernie was my hero. Not to many people from Monterey/Salinas, California every made it to the big time. Ernie did and that made me realize anything is possible. And how about Ernie Irvan having to pay Dale Earnhardt Sr, $1400.00 to put his name on the side of Ernie's car. I think the next time it cost Ernie $3500.00 to put Dale Earnheardt Sr name on the side of his car. My last memory of Ernie and Vic Irvan driving was at Santa Maria, Ca for a dirt stock car race. They pulled in one of these old 10 car open air double deck trailers with two identical cars on the trailer and proceeded to go racing....lol!

Larry "O" and God bless you all!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Was I the only one?