IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City I-69 Speedway Status?
4/21/24, 3:46 PM   #1
Gas City I-69 Speedway Status?
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Dear USAC RACING President of Competition - Jason Smith,
USAC fans need status of the 3 events listed on your Competition Schedules at what seems to be a defunct facility(GCI69) so that plans can be made.
You should be aware(20yrs exp.) that your fan base mostly travels & some need to make accommodations in order to attend your events. Whether camping or hotel the vacancies fill up pretty fast now with vacation planners that don't have to consider if an event will take place. So I guess what I'm saying is show some common decency & respond on here to get the word out.
Thank you for your time.
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

4/21/24, 4:49 PM   #2
Re: Gas City I-69 Speedway Status?
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
USAC fans need status of the 3 events listed on your Competition Schedules at what seems to be a defunct facility(GCI69) so that plans can be made.
You should be aware(20yrs exp.) that your fan base mostly travels & some need to make accommodations in order to attend your events. Whether camping or hotel the vacancies fill up pretty fast now with vacation planners that don't have to consider if an event will take place. So I guess what I'm saying is show some common decency & respond on here to get the word out.
Thank you for your time.
Agree with everything you say. Usac isn’t bright enough to know that IMW and ISW wouldn’t survive with out the traveling fans. They actually don’t care. Remember promotion is not what they are about. They have said they sanction events and that is it. One would hope that there is a lucky rabbit in the hat and the GC races will occur. Time will tell, but please don’t rely on Usac to help with any info.

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, PIT CART, progressive22
4/21/24, 5:16 PM   #3
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Agree with everything you say. Usac isn’t bright enough to know that IMW and ISW wouldn’t survive with out the traveling fans. They actually don’t care. Remember promotion is not what they are about. They have said they sanction events and that is it. One would hope that there is a lucky rabbit in the hat and the GC races will occur. Time will tell, but please don’t rely on Usac to help with any info.
Do you think it is remotely possible that they don't actually have all the details worked out yet and as soon as they do will publish that information?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

6 members like this post: captrat, duel, jdull99, Jonr, TBONE, wallbanger II
4/21/24, 6:49 PM   #4
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
Do you think it is remotely possible that they don't actually have all the details worked out yet and as soon as they do will publish that information?
Mega dittos to this post! I have NO idea on any of this, but this was the FIRST thing I was wondering...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

4/21/24, 7:43 PM   #5
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
I think it’s remotely possible they don’t have any clue what’s going on. I also know that many people plan vacations around the schedule. So as many on this board who defend Usac and say they have a communication presence where are they when people have genuine concerns. You can’t have it both ways.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, flagboy55, PIT CART
4/21/24, 8:31 PM   #6
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
Thank you for your time.
Instead of being reactive, why not be proactive?

Call the USAC office at (317)247-5151, explain that your are trying to make hotel reservations, and ask about the status of the Gas city races. The worst they can do is tell you they won’t tell you the status.

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, oppweld
4/21/24, 9:10 PM   #7
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
Instead of being reactive, why not be proactive?

Call the USAC office at (317)247-5151, explain that your are trying to make hotel reservations, and ask about the status of the Gas city races. The worst they can do is tell you they won’t tell you the status.
Or,,,, Since it’s now out there in the open on this board which is monitored by Usac, don’t they be proactive and make a statement. Heck they could preface it with “due to on going concerns by our fans” blah blah blah. The track isn’t running and Usac has said track on their schedule. Not a good look for the sanction body.

1 member likes this post: addictedtodirt
4/21/24, 10:30 PM   #8
flagboy55

I’m a big USAC defender, but my friend 76 is right. It’s not too difficult to let folks know what’s going on.

2 members like this post: LUCKYONE, PIT CART
4/22/24, 12:19 AM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I imagine they've been working to either have someone run the show at Gas City or another track.

Announcements from the NEWS page of USACracing.com show up here as Admin.

That being said, It's about time for that Announcement.

4/22/24, 3:20 AM   #10
jdull99

(Warning, this is a JOKE...just to kind break up the post a little...and I have full respect for the tradition - and their place in modern times - of USAC and I realize the fans who support the series are the most important part of racing, but); I thought most USAC fans were retired and didn't have to worry about taking vacations...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 4/22/24 at 3:26 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City I-69 Speedway Status?