IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Square Tail Tank
12/31/12, 9:54 AM   #61
Re: Midget Square Tail Tank
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst View Post
I am looking to have the 2013 Rumble rules in place EARLY. There will be changes made.

In regard to the square tank issue, I will make a change to address the tanks for the midgets. The tank had no effect on the performance of the car. IMO the car looked better with the swoop back tank. There will be a line in the rules mandating them.

I regard to the nerf bars and tire treatments, that is going to be the focus of our tech. The rules are going to come out early...and I guarantee you that we will be taking bars off of cars to check them. There is going to be a lot of wrenching taking those bars off. I better have a nerf bar vendor in place.

We will also focus on the tire prep.

One final observation. Look at the drive Bobby East had in the most traditional midget out there. Ran to second both nights. Dropped to 4th the first night. The kid is a good shoe who love to race.

Next years Fort Wayne dates are Fri. Dec 27 and Saturday, Dec. 28.

Happy New Rule Year!

Follow @rumbleseries on Twitter

Tony

There is a device out there called "ultrasonic thickness tester' Just hold it on the nerf bar and it will tell you how thick the wall thickness is from .049" to .875" I would assume .875 might be a bit thick.

I think You need some 1000cc midgets in your mix for next year.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 12/31/12 at 9:56 AM.

2 members like this post: Tony Barhorst, Wayne Davis
12/31/12, 11:31 AM   #62
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop View Post
so last year was the year of the tire.This year is the year of the tail tank. Thanks Don, now I know what soap box you are standing on this year. How about a new rule for 2013--get rid of what ever parts-cars you have and buy what Don has on his car. That will save midget racing. So why is it that a car made 25 years ago is still the best small track-indoor car ever made?
Mr. Anonymous,

I have kept quiet about the tire situation involving the same owner of the square tail tank. But since you brought it up, it was last year when the owner showed up with special tires built for him by the purple tire company. A clear violation of the rule book. This person has the "free pass" mindset, specifically bypassing Don Kenyon, the ONLY dealer for indoor tires, and showing up with said tires with the purpose of beating up on the mom and pop midget teams that come to Fort Wayne annually. This was a classless act on his part and demonstrates how far this guy will go to, again, beat up on common ordinary people who abide by the rules and purchase tires according to the rule book. Again, I am just amazed by the number of people, including you sir, Mr. Anonymous, now trying to beat up on me, a supporter of fair and just midget racing for all. Bullying is being addressed across the United States and needs to be stopped. If you want to applaud this kind of behavior, that is your free right. But the people in the stands this past weekend got it right when the car went out of the arena on the fork lift. Na na na na, hey hey hey good bye. The people spoke about this nonsense and justly right with their applause and cheers.
Last edited by DonMoore10; 1/2/13 at 3:38 PM.

2 members like this post: gearguy, team3521
12/31/12, 11:38 AM   #63
snoopy

1. A square bumper is much harder to get spun out! I have seen a conventional tank with a square bumper. That was ugly.
2. If you change a rule start with the limiting the size of the front bumpers.
3. As one mentioned many of the mini-sprints had square tanks under a cover, one had the fuel tank in front of the rear wheels.
4. Midgets were always the home for new ideas. I love the appearance of the Moore and Gamester cars, but real midgets were innovative. Leffler had a locking rear end once, Cornell had a car with no front frame. About every car had a different kind of engine. Like the #10 & 88 MWR cars. That was what midgets were about, especially indoors.

2 members like this post: DAD, Lewis1585
12/31/12, 12:10 PM   #64
Kalvin

so the square tail tank is actually a tank...or a shell over a standard tank...

12/31/12, 12:12 PM   #65
Geoff Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayor31 View Post
Funny thing is there was a midget there with independent front suspsion and no one has said a word about it. Guess you didn't notice it maybe cause you were to busy looking at wrong end of that car. Just stating a fact
What car was that? Top 5 cars were definitely straight axle

12/31/12, 12:27 PM   #66
treecitytornado

It is up to Tony Barhorst to enforce the rules. I am curious what he said when you spoke to him about these matters, Don? I would hope that you did talk to him.

Posted via Mobile Device

12/31/12, 12:31 PM   #67
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
It is up to Tony Barhorst to enforce the rules. I am curious what he said when you spoke to him about these matters, Don? I would hope that you did talk to him.

Posted via Mobile Device
At the time, both deals were addressed to the promoter by other people AFAIK. IDK, Despite what a lot of people think, I wasn't involved in either one. He will address these and other new rules, count on it.
Last edited by DonMoore10; 12/31/12 at 12:36 PM.

12/31/12, 12:41 PM   #68
Bill Gardner
Administrator

This whole conversation is just plain stupid therefore I don't have anything else to add.

12/31/12, 1:06 PM   #69
Roy Bleckert

I vote that you can run whatever tail tank shape you want , I like both the traditional & the square tail as it brings a non conformist , anti cookie cutter everyone has to look the same mentality

Diversity is the Spice of Life !

12/31/12, 1:06 PM   #70
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
This whole conversation is just plain stupid therefore I don't have anything else to add.
I agree Bill.......I just wanted to be lucky poster no. 69.....Winner..Winner..........

dang.....even missed that by one.........

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Square Tail Tank