IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Largest Crowd Ever
7/16/23, 11:37 AM   #1
Largest Crowd Ever
flagboy55

Last night at the Big E Mr Gappens announced it was the largest crowd in Eldora Speedway history, and man were they packed in there. I’ve never really seen an exact attendance number but does anyone have information on what that might be?

7/16/23, 12:01 PM   #2
mlamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Last night at the Big E Mr Gappens announced it was the largest crowd in Eldora Speedway history, and man were they packed in there. I’ve never really seen an exact attendance number but does anyone have information on what that might be?
I’ve heard 30,000 before.
But I don’t believe anything I hear and only half of what I see.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, toprowjim
7/16/23, 6:18 PM   #3
The55

This can’t be true. I read in another thread that no one likes a sprint race with a stop in the middle. For the record, I don’t think it right either, but the hardcore sprint fans show up anyway. Apparently a large number of fans don’t care.

6 members like this post: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, jdull99, nathans1012, PIT CART, TBONE
7/16/23, 10:33 PM   #4
Re: Largest Crowd Ever
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The55 View Post
This can’t be true. I read in another thread that no one likes a sprint race with a stop in the middle. For the record, I don’t think it right either, but the hardcore sprint fans show up anyway. Apparently a large number of fans don’t care.
Also cannot be true because streaming has killed racing. No way a crowd like that showed up with 4 consecutive nights streamed on 2 different streaming services.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, jdull99, miledirt, opnwhlmnd
7/16/23, 10:57 PM   #5
flagboy55

For the record, the break won’t stop me from watching, maybe from attending. But most agree it should not be part of Sprint Car Racing

7/17/23, 9:15 AM   #6
EldoraMark

Crown company that's over in New Bremen
Bought over 2000 tickets to give there employees. Most of those ticket holders never been to a sprint race. One of those was my neighbor and stopped me yesterday and ask me if I enjoyed that racing. I said no that is why I stayed home and spend my money for Indiana sprint week.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Love dirt, luckybuc97, Stephen Cording
7/17/23, 9:28 AM   #7
flagboy55

Did he enjoy it?

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
7/17/23, 10:30 AM   #8
dsc1600

There were a lot of first timers there this week it seemed. I wish the racing would have been better on Saturday but such is life.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
7/17/23, 1:24 PM   #9
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldoraMark View Post
Crown company that's over in New Bremen
Bought over 2000 tickets to give there employees. Most of those ticket holders never been to a sprint race. One of those was my neighbor and stopped me yesterday and ask me if I enjoyed that racing. I said no that is why I stayed home and spend my money for Indiana sprint week.
That is the best kind of sponsor. The sport needs new faces at every track, especially younger people. I am 60. I have been to more races than I am going to go to.

7/17/23, 1:30 PM   #10
revjimk

How about the 50/50??? Over $100,000??!!!
Thats crazy... people seem to like drinking & betting at Eldora
Can you imagine winning that????
I was shocked when I went to an Allstar race at Lebanon Valley in NY state & 50/50 was bigger than the winner's purse... over $7,000....comparative chicken feed!

2 members like this post: Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Largest Crowd Ever