IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brickyard Attendance
7/28/13, 6:49 PM   #11
badcoupe

I agree on taking the truck and Busch race back to raceway park much better racing. I went to the brickyard race for the first 4 years compliments of the wood brothers and the race was always so boring even getting to be In the garage area. I'd certainly never pay to go. I was impressed with the 500 for the first time in many years this year it was actually good racing.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Shawn
7/28/13, 7:47 PM   #12
Re: Brickyard Attendance
BrandonT30

the race was very boring no passing no excitement and the fans aren't supporting it anymore I felt like it was a waste of my money to go when I could have been at Kokomo but I hadn't been in a while and I decided to try it out again this year. Don't be surprised if Indy is taken off the schedule 10 years from now. It was better than sitting at home but not worth all the money it costs to attend

7/28/13, 8:45 PM   #13
ossuks

I really do not know what people want from a race? Cars that have to lift getting into all 4 corners, that have more horsepower than they can use, driving cars that were not locked down?? Watching them working the corner chasing the car all the way through?? IMO it was great, there was passing every lap in turn 1 and through the short chute! Guess no crashes, no spin outs, means it was a boring race?

6 members like this post: bowbuild, E.P., Gregg, MRAY3, Russ, team3521
7/28/13, 10:30 PM   #14
Hurryinhoosier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch138 View Post
Bring the trucks and bush back to IRP
Cover it in dirt then......

4 members like this post: jim goerge, racephoto1, speed bump, Ty
7/28/13, 10:38 PM   #15
racephoto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
I really do not know what people want from a race? Cars that have to lift getting into all 4 corners, that have more horsepower than they can use, driving cars that were not locked down?? Watching them working the corner chasing the car all the way through?? IMO it was great, there was passing every lap in turn 1 and through the short chute! Guess no crashes, no spin outs, means it was a boring race?
Bristol is like this too, but they pass more then just going into 1. As for Raceway Park, they actually race there, all the way around. When 1000 people show up next year for the Nationwise race, they'll be back at Raceway Park.

The saddest part is Nascrap doesn't need to care about the fans, in a financial way. They just signed a multi billion dollar TV deal, what do they need fans for?

3 members like this post: FALCONEDDIE, jim goerge, speed bump
7/28/13, 10:39 PM   #16
MRAY3

Unfortunately, Nascar has created a new type of "race fan" who expects to see a 20+ car crash on the last lap. When that doesn't happen, they consider the entire race "boring."

1 member likes this post: cmakin
7/28/13, 10:56 PM   #17
BrandonT30

I'm a NASCAR fan and I don't need to see a big crash or cautions for debris to keep me entertained I just want to see more passing at Indy something that's difficult to make happen with a flat track. I'll admit crashes are a draw for fans but so is good old side by side racing. I think we all have our opinions on what a good race should be but todays wasn't much of a good race.

7/28/13, 11:12 PM   #18
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurryinhoosier View Post
Cover it in dirt then......
I believe the great Jud larson said that years ago

7/28/13, 11:29 PM   #19
BrentTFunk

I don't think the racing at Indy is any worse than the 1.5 mile tracks or even California or Michigan. I think a big part of the problem is over saturation. When the Brickyard first happened there was no Kentucky, Chicagoland, or Kansas. The ticket sales covered a wider area. Now tickets are more sold more locally , and there are less to draw from. I know I am old ,but I never saw a race at Indy until I was 23 years old. We went the second weeekend of time trials, and it was huge just to say you had been to the track. When they added other races and lots of seats, a lot of that novelty was gone, because everyone has been there now.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Tony Barhorst
7/29/13, 1:49 AM   #20
midgetmaniac

Ole Bruton needs to put dirt back on Bristol and have a weeks worth of racing with midgets ,sprint and late models racing which would lead into a Nascar weekend where the trucks, nationwide and cup guys run on it. A Saturday to Saturday event. As for the Brickyard race goes , I only go now if I get free tickets because it is boring. I have been to about half of them now.

1 member likes this post: BrianBSU23
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brickyard Attendance