IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rt 44 Speedway and Lawrenceburg Fri,Sat BOSS SPRINTS
7/24/17, 1:45 PM   #1
Rt 44 Speedway and Lawrenceburg Fri,Sat BOSS SPRINTS
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I'll let the tracks and series write up the PR's but just a heads up on a double header about a hour apart. Rt. 44 speedway Liberty IN and Lawrenceburg Speedway's Jason Soudrette Memorial Both BOSS Series races with Lawerencburg joined by Kelsey Chevorlet Sprints.

Come celebrate Jason Soudrette, He was as nice a person as you ever wanted to meet. A family racer, A Father and fabricator. He was also a musician and founding member of this now well known bluegrass band (The Tillers) We lost Jason to complications of Leukemia.
Jason is the Bassist in the video below

7/24/17, 8:39 PM   #2
Re: Rt 44 Speedway and Lawrenceburg Fri,Sat BOSS SPRINTS
MilfordSprintFan

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 4

I'm planning on taking in both of these races this weekend and really looking forward to it. Will be first ever trip for me to Route 44 and I love every trip I make to the Burg.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, i love dirt track racing
7/24/17, 11:19 PM   #3
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I used to go to that track quite a bit in the 80s as they had sprints about five times a year. even had a CRA midwest tour race there once. Was Frankie Kerr's first NW win.

Last time I was there was the USAC midget week failure but things like the grandstands and stuff had been upgraded a ton from the days back when. Heard these guys put a lot of time and effort in the track itself. I still suggest taking goggles or eye protection. BOSS ran there about three or four years ago and I think they had six heats. three consi's and feature.

7/25/17, 2:19 AM   #4
flagboy55

I'm sure it will all work out but kind of a shame with USAC heading west the remaining cars get split between the Burg and the Putnamville Clash.

7/25/17, 9:23 AM   #5
badcoupe

Rt 44 has made lots of improvements to the surface this year. I hope it holds up well for the sprints, these guys have a put a lot of effort into the place. My house is only 3 miles from the track. The place was closed for a few years and once they close its hard to get a facility back.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Newport13, tirespinner
7/25/17, 10:09 PM   #6
Eatin Dirt

The race back in 2014 was a hell of a show between Logan Hupp and KT jr if my memory is correct.

2 members like this post: motorhead748, tirespinner
7/25/17, 10:36 PM   #7
Kendall2020

rock guards a must. this will be our first Boss show. Not often you get to tow 10 miles to race

2 members like this post: hairracer44, tirespinner
7/26/17, 5:36 PM   #8
LUCKYONE

what time does gates open-hot laps-race time at Rt.44 speedway

7/26/17, 5:41 PM   #9
cmiracingvids

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I'm sure it will all work out but kind of a shame with USAC heading west the remaining cars get split between the Burg and the Putnamville Clash.
Paragon is also running their KISS show. King of Indiana Sprint special or something like that. Anyways, it's 2,000 to win. So thats 3 big paying shows on Saturday and USAC is out of town.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rt 44 Speedway and Lawrenceburg Fri,Sat BOSS SPRINTS