IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather???????
12/22/08, 6:00 PM   #121
Re: Weather???????
Tim Watson

Well after 3 days of temps around zero and wind chills up to minus 35 with blowing and drifting snow it looks like we might hit 20 degrees Tue. or Wed. I'm at minus 5 right now and it's still light out. We got some 4 foot high drifts in the yard from the weekend. They didn't even use the trucks to plow my sub division, Sunday morning the grader was clearing my road. These are the December's i remember as a kid. We must be up to 3 feet of snow in the last 3 weeks. Sounds like more on the way for tonight or tomorrow. Why do i stay living here? If you go out to clean up the snow you have to pi$$ in your pants just to keep warm! Now i know why this guy's a$$ is red :moon: he must be from Wisconsin to! :action-smiley-049:

12/22/08, 10:11 PM   #122
badgerfan

Not sure why but I went out ice fishing this weekend and it was so cold when unzipped to drain the midget my nuts were hanging out my nose. Shut the door up there in Sheboygan Tim!

12/22/08, 11:37 PM   #123
Danny Burton

You cheeseheads, gophers, etc. remind me not to whine too much when it's single digits here, which is rare.

18 now and we may get some freezing rain tomorrow. Well, at least it'll be warmer. Wearing 4 layers of clothing gets old when you wiork outside. Oh, and when you're my age.:icon_smile_blackeye

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

12/23/08, 9:08 AM   #124
bigmojo5

Zero was a warm winter day where I used to live in Iowa -- near Waterloo and Cedar Rapids. Time to go racing on the frozen lakes and rivers.
Jim Morrison

12/23/08, 10:08 AM   #125
SUPERDUKE
Banned

EVERYBODY TALKS ABOUT THE WEATHER! BUT NOBODY DOES ANYTHING ABOUT IT! FROM JIMMY OSKIE!:headbang:doh:

12/23/08, 5:28 PM   #126
Jerry Spencer

Just saw on TV that 465 is at a standstill around 86th street, 31 and 465 closed (465), they just said to travel two miles it would take 40 min. (465) we have sleet and very slick roads with a lot of wrecks in and around Kokomo. I bet Ty will be ready to just go home and forget about chasing the bad guys. Tim sounds like you guys have it made up there. The manager at the local Kroger had a smile from ear to ear walking thru the store talking kinda loud about an ice storm. I had to get some warm beer as mine had a slight chill to it.
Be safe.

Jerry #66
www.joshspencer.com
Last edited by Jerry Spencer; 12/23/08 at 5:37 PM.

12/23/08, 7:31 PM   #127
Tim Watson

Guess what, we are getting more snow! We got about 4" today and are getting about 2" tonight. Then another 6" on Christmas Eve. Just what we need is another foot of snow in the next 48 hours. At least it's about 20 degrees now which seems like a heat wave. We had no heat in the house this morning cause the vent pipe was frozen solid and the furnace wouldn't run. You could see your breath when i got up at 4am. We got everything under control now. Time to head out to the BEER garage and fire up the torpedo heater. :thumb

12/23/08, 8:00 PM   #128
4wheelsinthekoosh

Just drove to Brownsburg and back to get some stuff from the store and here is what i saw. (mind you it is just 10 miles) Kinda sounds like the twelve days of chrismas. 1 Pickup truck upside down and destroyed. 20 yards later on the other side of the road 1 downed mailbox still clinging to a car rapped around a Telephone pole. More bent bumpers and broke glass than there was at G.W. Pierce junk yard. 5 or 6 people in the ditch on there cell phones. (probaly the reason they where in the ditch). And a partridge in a pear tree. Have a Great Xmas everyone

12/23/08, 8:31 PM   #129
illiNOISE

Just some alternating between sleet and rain here today, but they're calling for--can it be?--close to 60 degrees by Sunday.:applaud:

12/23/08, 9:22 PM   #130
Mr. Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelsinthekoosh View Post
Just drove to Brownsburg and back to get some stuff from the store and here is what i saw. (mind you it is just 10 miles) Kinda sounds like the twelve days of chrismas. 1 Pickup truck upside down and destroyed. 20 yards later on the other side of the road 1 downed mailbox still clinging to a car rapped around a Telephone pole. More bent bumpers and broke glass than there was at G.W. Pierce junk yard. 5 or 6 people in the ditch on there cell phones. (probaly the reason they where in the ditch). And a partridge in a pear tree. Have a Great Xmas everyone
:eek: :O: :eek: :O: :eek: :O:

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather???????