IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Smackdown Or Nationals?
8/11/19, 11:33 AM   #1
WingedFan2019

Race Count This Year: 9
Race Count Last Year: 49

Buddies of mine were debating which is a bigger event I was saying Knoxville andthey’re saying Kokomo, It’s a 50/50 split decision between my friends so I thought I’d bring the question here
Last edited by WingedFan2019; 8/11/19 at 11:35 AM.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, tirespinner
8/11/19, 12:14 PM   #2
Re: Kokomo Smackdown Or Nationals?
robert gatten

no brainer. Y could put all the people that go to smackdown into one half of the front stretch grandstand at Knoxville.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, flagboy55, tirespinner
8/11/19, 12:15 PM   #3
ryan84

Hands down it's the Knoxville Nationals without any questions. I prefer non wing racing, but no bigger dirt race than Knoxville Nationals.

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, flagboy55, PJ Wright, tirespinner
8/11/19, 1:12 PM   #4
HoosierMikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert gatten View Post
no brainer. Y could put all the people that go to smackdown into one half of the front stretch grandstand at Knoxville.

I agree with that about the number of people at smackdown in half the front stretch at knoxville. However the racing at the smackdown will be much better. IMO.

8/11/19, 2:14 PM   #5
flagboy55

Really is not even close. Although I have considered the Smackdown our Nationals for sometime it is just a fraction of what Knoxville is. They sold out the place Saturday and that’s over 20,000 tickets. I think Kokomo would be happy to sell one quarter of that. And I have to agree with the previous poster that the racing at Kokomo will most likely exceed what we saw at Knoxville, but the event isn’t in the same league. Knoxville is the biggest dirt track race in the world. But I would like to interject an observation that was somewhat talked about in another thread. You most likely aren’t going to see Kyle Larson, or Jeff Gordon among others walking around Kokomo, but it’s not hard to see the attention that their celebrity brings to the sport. I sure wish they would give true sprint cars a boost

8/11/19, 3:52 PM   #6
Non wing lover

Right now it's Knoxville it's an established event been going on for what 50 years? Smackdown kinda still in its infancy it will come around me personally love kokomo

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/11/19, 4:17 PM   #7
IndianaSprintFan

I’ll agree it is probably some of the best racing in the world but when it comes to “events” smackdown probably isn’t even in the top 10

4 members like this post: bighd0522, nathans1012, ronmil, tirespinner
8/11/19, 4:34 PM   #8
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

8/11/19, 5:37 PM   #9
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non wing lover View Post
Right now it's Knoxville it's an established event been going on for what 50 years? Smackdown kinda still in its infancy it will come around me personally love kokomo
59 years. Next year in 2020 will be the 60th Annual race. Just saying.

8/11/19, 7:07 PM   #10
treecitytornado

Top two Sprint Car Races are the Knoxville Nationals & the Kings Royal!! Especially after expanding the Kings Royal to 4 days this year & next year, too!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Smackdown Or Nationals?